Just discovered Macros

Joined the wow at the launch of legion and having lots of fun playing all the classes. Affliction warlock is a blast and recently was wondering if I could save time by combining spells into one keyboard or mouse button. Just figured out how to do a spell sequence, thought I would share.

/castsequence siphon life, corruption, agony

Each time I push the action button, the next spell is cast. I just freed up 2 keyboard buttons for other spells that are in easier reach for my fingers. Would be nice if the macro would just cast those spells with one button push, but I don’t think there are commands for that. (If someone knows, please let me know)

Congrats!
Check out the UI & Macro forum for more info on macros, especially these 2 forum stickies

Tons of very knowledgeable people there.

Beware castsequence though, it can be glitchy at times and often results in trading effectiveness for convenience. Like if you need to re-apply agony during it’s pandemic you have to go through 3 seconds worth of other spell casting to put it on and that can result in missing it’s pandemic window.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt]Siphon Life;[mod]Corruption;Agony

Hold the alt key and activate the macro to cast Siphon Life, hold either the ctrl or shift key and cast corruption when you activate the macro, otherwise the default is agony (assumes that alt, shift, and ctrl are not keybound to other actions which would eat the “modifier” key).

1 Like

Just be careful when using castsequence macros (when you get more comfortable using modifer keys you shouldn’t use them at all) with commonly cast spells. It’s not uncommon to only want to use one of those abilities.

The binds I use are:

No modifiers: 1-7, ASDZXCRFVTG, F1-F5
Shift: 1-5, ASDZXCRFVTGQE
Ctrl: 1-4, ASDZXCRFVTGQE

It takes a bit of getting used to using letter keys, but it’s definitely worth getting the hang of.

I just started and heard of marco’s but had no clue what they were.I really never thought that i would have to learn so much stuff in this game.After a while ill understand wow alot better.ty

1 Like