Just bagged Broken Tooth

to bad pet attack speed isnt like is used to be i remember hearing stories about Broken Tooth destroying people in pvp before they normalized pet attack speed.

to bad.

3 Likes

Yep. About 12 years too late

2 Likes

well classic wow there is still hope…lol

1 Like

If I play, Ill probably still use my Elder Nightsaber Warclaw. Had that pet since I was able to tame one way back then.

2 Likes

you should play and remember how the hunter used to be back then mana,ammo or arrows,feeding pets and the dead zone.

back then you felt like you were one with your pet.

2 Likes

Definitely. Ammo part kinda sucked. Especially since there werent Thorium arrows and I loved bows over guns. And I remember 1 raid night where I ran out (oops)

2 Likes

ran out of arrows in a raid…rip.i think pet attack speed normalization didnt come until tbc so they may never fix pet normalization if they dont launch tbc.

it will still take years for them to launch tbc imo so you could get broken tooth again and have fun for many years…lol.

tbc may never launch broken tooth 1.0 attack speed remember?.

he actually still attacks faster, just hits for less so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

yea i saw when testing he does hit faster.

Check eyesofthebeast website.

Actually, it was not normalized. Most of pets’ attack speed is normalized but some of pets’ are not.

One of fireland spider basic attack speed is 0.5(super fast) on the other hand, chimaeron(hydra boss of blackwing descent) basic attack speed is 4.0(super slow)

But the total dps is almost same

1 Like

which spider?im looking…lol

Wasn’t King Bangalash one of the best pets you could get back then? Its been so long. I just remember taming low level pets and putting them in the roads so unsuspecting players not marked for pvp might run by and tag them.

so many people would call this a negative. I’m not one of them :grin:

1 Like

Deth’tilac has 0.5 basic attack speed.

But eyes of the beast said that deth’tilac is not good for bm cause of attack speed cap.

1 Like

im camping for him now hope he spawns soon im to old to stay up all night …lmao.

don’t know how this correlates but if the dmg is normalized but the pet attack speed isn’t then this would give a clear advantage to quick attacking pets in pvp. it hurts casters ability to cast

not all pets were normalized broken tooth still has a 1.0 attack speed as of today.and markaru has a .75 attack speed before haste is figured in.

some pets retained their attack speed.

http://eyesofthebeast.com/2018/08/broken-tooth-lives-hunter-pets-can-have-different-attack-speeds-once-again/
…has info on all pets with non-standard attack speeds.

TLDR:
There is a hard limit of 0.25 on pet attack speeds which makes Deth’tilac, the 0.5 speed spider, a dps loss for BM as frenzy stacks would not affect attack speed below 0.25

On the opposite end, attack speeds above 3.0 or so have more chance for rng to impact dps.

For pets with an attack speed above 0.75 however, other than rng, there is theoretically no appreciable difference in dps.

except faster attacks and more crits.