Just admit it: You don't police cheating, or even care

On the contrary, Blizzard has done a fantastic job with classic. Yes, a lot of people quit because “they thought they did, but they didn’t”, but a lot of us are still subscibed because we love this game.

And I know you disagree, but you are currently still here, so you must subconsciously think that this is still a fantastic game.

Bot accounts are just another free $15 a month for blizzard. They’re not going to ban as many bots as they don’t have to in order to keep the money rolling in each month.

2 Likes

oh no no no no no don’t you even try that it’s been a crap show since day one with layering. exploits. and overpopulation and now at this stage bots and hackers…the game experience has been forever compromised and that sense of achievement lost and the community is struggling

things are so bad even asmon gave up…

2 Likes

Needed for a smooth launch.

All games have exploits.

Better than the alternative, it’s an MMO.

They ban thousands of bots daily.

Disagree, the game is fine, its still a huge success, all of us are still subscribed for a reason.

He left because of the community, not because of the game. Asmon loves Classic WoW.

yeah retail at this point…i myself come from the nost community and really the players of that community dont play any more understanding what the players who spoke up enough to make this happen in the first place is key

I don’t think there was some sort of conspiracy against classic. I think they seriously believed that the number of people who would play this 15 year old game was too few to make it economically viable. I think they’re genuinely surprised as classics success.

Yep. I believe that mismanagement of the game has been more damaging than the game itself.

2 Likes

The only time blizzard did anything was after they got exposed in a youtube video…conveniently 2 days later a bot banwave happened. Since then…nothing. They don’t care unless it’s going to cost them $$$. That goes for every facet of the game.

(Edit: The hilarious part about this comment is that in the last few days blizzard has again had a banwave…that followed being exposed on youtube AGAIN)

5 Likes

Going to get a priest to fear me back there in a duel so I can gank the hell out of them.

Yeah, I think they were surprised. But I also think that Classic’s success is a huge slap in the face to them every day.

They spend tens of millions of dollars on constant development and management of retail, putting most of their resources and energy into that. And here are all these people who actually prefer to play an archaic 15 year old game without all of the “improvements” they’ve made over the years. A game that cost amost nothing to develop and manage. It’s like, what are we paying all of these people for again? It has to be a source of embarrassment for the current developers.

3 Likes

Perhaps a bit. But I’m cynical. I think most people most of the time mostly care about money and don’t care much at all how they make it. I think you’re making too much about a person’s pride in their work and jealousy over what others have done.

While classic’s popularity is astonishing every estimate I’ve read claims retail still has more players. It’s not like the retail devs are getting beat

I think Classic is probably more profitable for Blizzard than retail on a percentage basis, because it’s costs are so low. So I think it’s a source of embarrassment from a cynical money perspective, too.

Perhaps, but I’ve read that retail makes more money from the in game store than subscriptions. That claim seems crazy to me as I’ve never bought anything from the store. It means that enough players are spending more than 15 a month in the in game store, enough to make up for players that spend nothing.

Now classic players may think that’s a mistake, obviously I don’t like the store. But from an economic stand point the in game store was a good, a profitable, change.

why on earth was this flagged? LOL

Fair enough.

they’re trying to silence us probably. they think if they ignore the issue hard enough it’ll go away.

Yeah, it’s all subjective. Though our guesses are different your guess is as good as mine.

Globally, or NA?

If you think Blizzard is not aware of this issue you do not know much about gaming.
Blizzard can tell well anytime about any player how they got this or that or how they farmed or bought gold. In special if those players were reported. They can see very well every transaction. Why aint they doing anything ? :

1. They dont care.
  2. They are doing it.
1 Like

It’s hard enough to find estimates after blizzard stopped releasing official numbers during Draenor. Those I’ve found just guess the number of subscriptions without going into detail. I’m not going to defend anyone’s numbers but it seems likely that retail has more. The most convincing argument I’ve found was from a post that listed/linked download numbers for popular addons after a patch. The download numbers for retail addon updates was much higher then classic downloads. The only explanation for that is more retail players or that significantly more classic players don’t use addons, which I think unlikely. I’d be happy to be proved wrong since I only play classic and don’t plan on buying shadowlands.