Just a heads up, (Regarding Fishing)

Well no, but if you’re sitting in the same spot getting your fish got away over 200 times, in a row, then it certainly sounds like you may be. I don’t let myself see that more than 5 times in a row before moving or adding a better lure.

7 Likes

I got my fishing to 300 no problem. Maybe use higher power lures?

2 Likes

whether someone spends 2 minutes in one spot, or 15 hours in one spot and regardless of the reason the chose to stay, or move on.

There is something wrong in the fishing, and it should be fixed.

I’ve heard this happening to other people, not much you can do til a server restart except fish inland spots

After 20 getaways in a row and I bailed out on fishing altogether.

200? Heck no. I don’t hate myself that much to sit there for 200 casts, even if they were successful.

Because it’s players like me who find bugs in things by doing this so you can say thank you later on after you realize this.

BTW a different result is supposed to happen with fishing within that many times.

But even If I wanted to do it 59825092850 times why does anyone care. If I want to spend my time doing that, I will.

Bottom line is fishing is broken and needs to be fixed.

You just need to upgrade to a line that can take more weight. Those redridge fish are MONSTERS

Two days ago I was doing the Blubber Gump (or whatever his name is) quest in Darkshore and I was getting “your fish got away” more than I thought I should’ve but then, my fishing was only at about 25-30 so I didn’t think it was a big deal. I eventually got my groupers and jacks for the gnome. I remember those quests always taking a long time.

What I’m talking about isn’t the same thing.

The message that your fish got away shouldn’t even be happening more than 2 out of every 15 tries (if that) on a character who has a fishing skill of over 150 while fishing in a pond in the middle of the zone in Westfall.

Westfall Fishing is 1-20 Meaning even a level 1 fishing works. When you hit level 75 you’re not even supposed to miss a fish on every cast. The fact that I had a character with a fishing skill of over 150 and still missed catching a fish over 200 times means there is something broken in the fishing.

I do 2 in a row. Then i walk

Thanks for the heads up. So this issue is just inland ponds?

Did you submit a bug?

Happened to me too, I refreshed lure then it was fine.

Thanks for PSA…thought I forgot how to fish all of a sudden.

300 fisher here, who can boost to 425 for Bay of Storms fishing.

Fishing is working perfectly fine. Some areas have different level restrictions, and 150 fishing skill is super low.

FYI - You can raise fishing from 0 to 225 in storm wind, do your Nat Pagle quest, and go right back to storm wind for 225-300.

Westfall’s general fishing level is at around 75 and Redrige’s is around 100. I’m curious what level you were when this kicked off. Are you sure you were above 150?

When you outlevel a fishing spot, then I’d say around 20 unsuccessfull casts should be more than enough to determine that something is not working as intended. Over 200 is OCD, at least.

I don’t need no stinkin’ lure.

I wade into the water and I beat those fish out of the water with my pole.

2 Likes

I remember during beta phase someone said that westfall inland pool specifically had a very high fishing requirement unlike rest of the zone and it was a bug.

Might still be that?

I’ve read it at the time when you first posted it.
I can confirm after a long time of fishing that the fish gets away insanely more often than in Vanilla

Sounds similar to the looting bug, where mobs have empty loot windows dozens of times in a row. Hmmm.

My fishing is ~250. If im not using lure, i lose all the time even in lower level areas. I had my engineering alt make this guy a few stacks of aquadynamic fish attractors, that completely solved the problem.