Junker gnomes. I don't think we can officially call them this anymore

:point_up_2:

As far as the game itself is concerned, they are Mechagnomes.

People call them Junker Gnomes because another race called Mechagnomes already exists, but Blizzard doesn’t seem to care about that.

Plus, with how hated they are Blizz probably knows people would call them “Junk Gnomes” or similar if they named them Junker Gnomes so they won’t do that.

1 Like

Seems they have officially gone with the mechagnome name.

The junker gnome name came about due to references found while datamining. It also made sense as they live in a junk heap and we already had existing mechagnomes that were fully mechanical and didn’t leave in a junk heap.

Guess they figured it sounded negative even though it was more fitting.

I’ve been calling them cyborg gnomes as well since they’re more accurate.

I guess also being subjects of King Mechagon, that’s another reason for the Mechagnome name even though we already had mechagnomes in Northrend and such.

They are garbage gnomes, have always been garbage gnomes and I will never call them anything but garbage gnomes.

Stuff that was datamined was internally labeled “junker” so this is what was used to refer to it when speculating about the upcoming junk based gnomes. Not really a fan name.
Although just because it was internally labeled such doesn’t mean that’ll be the final name as things change.

I know there are a few things like this, the internal dev name being different than the live stuff. JunkerGnomes as a name was probably an early Dev code name for an early concept that has since then been replaced. Assuming Blizz actually releases Mechagnomes as an AR, I suspect the term Junkergnome will fall further and further out of use into obscurity.

If you’re a gnome with a robot arm, you’re a mechagnome. If you’re a fully robotic gnome, you’re a mechagnome. If you don’t have any metal parts, you’re a gnome.

…It’s kinda weird how robot parts change one’s race, but apparently Blizzard said so.

It really doesnt matter. The full robotic mechagnomes existed in game first and by many, many years and there are a lot of them.

Blizzard doesnt get to go back in time and re-write what already exists. Come up with another name or stick with junker gnome.

Yeah but it also feels more fitting since they’re surrounded by junk.

Calling them mechagnomes seems odd since we already had those, and these aren’t those.