July 15 Shadowlands (Beta?) Build 35167 + Blue Post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/117

tldr

• Internal Combustion Talent consumes 5 seconds of Immolate, down from 7
  • Shadowburn slightly buffed damage wise, back up to 2 charges
  • Soul Fire applies immolate now, still a ridiculously long cast time for no reason
  • Focused Chaos PVP Talent nerfed substantially, 40% down from 65% (RIP)
  • New Anima Power! Elongated Skeletal Arms (ooh lala) increased the range of all our abilities by 5 yards (does it stack?! :eyes: :eyes: probably not dramatically but imagine an 80 yard shadowbolt)
  • some tooltip fixes
  • A bunch of other new Anima Powers
  • Rain of Chaos infernals now only spawn where your first infernal was (oh no)

Edit: there’s some weirdo Paladin in the thread, just don’t engage and he’ll go away
Edit 2: we got a blue post

3 Likes

it looks like all classes got the range. weird.

1 Like

You do realize soul fire is just a 4 second cast time. This isn’t that long. Classic soulfire is 6 second cast base, reduced by 2 seconds if you take the Bane talent.

You do also realize that soulfire on beta actually hits like a truck, stronger than chaosbolt AND GENERATES A SOUL SHARD and now auto applies immolate on a 45 second cooldown.

Git gud. Complaining about a 4 second cast that hits like a truck proves you’re just a bad warlock.

Shadowburn having 2 charges instead of just a cooldown, a stronger base spell coeffiecient and STILL has a increased critical effect modifier attached to it on low health targets. Dont you realize they are actually listening to actual warlock players when they do these changes?

People dont like this charred remains-esque playstyle that BFA destro has become. They are giving us a revamped soulfire talent and shadowburn talent so we can actually have good damaging spells to use outside of chaosbolt.

who are you yelling at here? theres 2 other comments lol.

but now that im here

if you are in any way equating classic to retail in terms of difficulty or skill or mechanics i have like 60 bridges to sell you right now and a miracle cream for weight loss.

shadowburn changes are good i agree but its a talent. it doesnt just need to be good it needs to be better than the other talents in that row which i believe are RE and IC? so one of these is a spell they seem to be trying to build the spec around and the other is a haste amp which destro will really need at the start because of how slow it plays.

looks like the other changes to RB when combined with the conflag legendary is probably gonna be 100% uptime on RB. so they are really doubling down on that synergy

7 Likes

random haste proc versus guaranteed damage. The new roaring blaze has synergy with soulfire.

…did you play destro this expansion at all?

we ran RE until we had literally past the GCD cap levels of haste.

i agree it does have synergy, and with a few changes it could be quite fun to mess around with… but a 4 second cast is still not really a thing in mythic raids.

2 Likes

You ran RE because the other two talents were garbage. They are fixing them.

they never changed IC or Erad the whole expansion. we ran RE because we needed haste up until the point we didnt. technically IC/Erad simmed higher the entirety of the expansion, but it was not feasible to play with the cast times up until expedient became a thing. We dropped flashover, again, because of the haste we were able to generate this tier. im thrilled theyre fixing those talents, but its more than just numbers that need to change.

2 Likes

you didnt drop flashover in pvp. Mythic raiding is irrelevant to most people.

Just ignore the level 27 Paladin dude, not worth your time

3 Likes

I really wish it were a common trait and could stack ridiculously lol imagine

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha.

are you the shaman from teh other day? are you two buddies? I just gave you empirical evidence and you’re out here randomly changing your claim to PVP out of nowhere after openly arguing with me. on top of that, even if you WERE always talking about pvp, lemme know how that 4 second cast goes.

have a great day, please leave this forum because you really don’t add anything to it at the moment. if you wanna be constructive by all means go ahead and you’re more than welcome to stay.

3 Likes

I am sort of troubled that there isn’t a constant hammering home that the pet summons stuff isn’t acceptable. Hopefully m+ testing will be what makes the decisive argument.

THe Alpha testers decided daily repeating of the same point wasn’t productive, and everyone has been giving the same summary of arguments, I hope it changes over beta.

If I recall correctly, they tried to do this change in Cataclysm and too many people REE’d so it was reverted

1 Like

Okay but every build where it’s not changed should prompt a response. It’s 100% not acceptable and the fact that fel domination was re-added means we’re a lot closer to it being left alone for launch. It’s not a QOL thing it’s close to a dealbreaker.

1 Like

it is not being left alone, it is still being brought up in articles as recently as yesterday (or monday, whenever Nott’s demo writeup was)

3 Likes

What are you going on about?

2 Likes

Ignore the Trolladin dude. *points to first edit of OP *

1 Like

I am imagining it with CoEx haha. Actually, if you grab that as affy and just have it stack, you can be the person prepulling from rooms away to wither them down before they get to the meatgrinder of melee (if you run in a group)

1 Like

new kala vid

1 Like