Joining a PVE server for TBC

Been playing PVP servers all my life & never understood why people would play on a PVE server, but ever since the release of Phase 2 in Classic, i now understand and don’t see Blizzard handling WPVP in TBC any better.

Faction imbalance on my server was already so bad, with 1hr runs across BRM, constant camping on boats and FPs as well as groups of 3+ camping solo players.

Now with the release of blood elves I see faction imbalance becoming more of an issue. Unless Blizzard finds a way to fix it, I dunno how playable the game will be on large servers.

I’ll be joining a PVE server so I can quest in peace. What kind of things can I expect when I join that might be different to a PVP server?

If you want to go afk in the world all you have to do is make sure no mobs path near you.

3 Likes

For TBC, nothing really. World pvp was very minimal in TBC except outside Kara, Daily Quest locations, and Elemental Plateau. So, you’ll be able to avoid all that.

I’d say there will be fewer toxic players, but that’s just simply not true. It’s just a different kind of Toxic.

Flagging for pvp is more of a thing.
When your out gathering mats you wont get ganked like you do on pvp servers, unless you attack first or intentionally flag for pvp.

I played on a normal realm for most of wow, only changing to pvp servers after WoD, including Classic.

I have found players are generally more casual on non pvp servers, less competitive.

PVP world events seem to be a bigger deal aswell, whereas its daily life on pvp servers.

come tbc you’re a /1 LAYER ME away from being completely alone since outland is so tiny that layering is never going away

@OP, PVP servers have always been and always will be primordial cancer. The mental state of PVP players are 100% “come at me bro!!!”. It honestly takes away so much from the game and is such a hindrance on the community. Go PVE, enjoy actually playing the game instead of corpse runs.

You have a better solution to layering?

1 Like

PvE is WoW, with all the pvp options except for wpvp. Wpvp in tbc is…not a thing worth solely picking pvp servers for, imho and based on your post.

Lopsided servers favoring your faction present the most options for group content on a pve server.

Good luck

Your not going to miss anything at all. Trust me, after playing various mmo’s for many years I wish I learned this sooner.

Considering BG’s are a thing and the main way pvp players farm for honor in general the only true advantage to a PvP server is the occasional gank or trolling of another player. If that’s not your thing, the only thing a PvP server offers you is a time sink.

Seriously, on a PvE server if a quest hub is crowded it’s all good. You go get your quest, turn them in and if you want to PvP you hit a button and queue up.

On a PvP server if a hub is crowded by the other faction you might get lucky but for the most part your going to get farmed, and a lot. There is a reason all MMORPG’s in general end up with way more PVE servers lasting after launch and those servers generally have the largest/healthiest populations.

I used to love PvP servers, but as I got older and busier irl I realized PvE servers pretty much offer the exact same experience in any MMO but also save me time. You can come home from work/school with limited time to play, do a couple quests and call it. This compared to coming home from work/school and maybe getting something done otherwise your just starting at the screen, getting farmed and doing nothing in the same amount of time.

So yeah, I used to be you. The only reason this toon is on a PvP server is due to friends. But if you don’t have anything like that going on then make the leap to a PvE server. Trust me man, you won’t regret it.

lol get gud m8

Skill level of players on PvE servers is generally below the PvPers, even in PvE situations (though exceptions abound). More people looking to be carried than parse, basically. Still doable.

1 Like

This. Thats its, OP.
If there is some wpvp around it will be rare but u will hear about it on the channels.
Im flagged all the time in classic but i havent been ganked once.
And yes, u will be able to get to quest hubs and dungeons without long death runs, major plus.

Phase 2 was so long ago. We’re in phase 6 now. Your pvp server feels the same? Because mine doesn’t. Things change. Don’t run away.

quadruple the size of outland lol

Lol I doubt it’ll be minimized this time with how large some server pops are.

Yeah the solution is blizzard enforcing population caps.

Rather be able to play the game and have easier access to world supplies and quests than give up layers.

Honestly I still miss layers to this day. It was nice going out and being able to reliably gather supplies.

Another question: Are their pugs in PVE servers? One thing I do like about my server is that there are a lot of pugs for raids and I don’t have to rely on joining a guild to complete a raid at a set time.

Does the same occur on a PVE server?

It’s more so that I play with my partner and she doesn’t have the ability to stealth around like I do. So half the time we’re just running from graveyard to spawn point.

That and there is nothing like phase 2 in TBC until Sunwell. I admit, I want to see what IQD is going to look like on the relatively balanced PvP servers. Unfortunately none of the mega servers are balanced.

You might want to consider a smaller PvP server. You get the PvP server experience without it being so overwhelming. There are drawbacks to a smaller server, such as it’s hard (they exist, but there aren’t many of them) to find pug raids, but a lot of benefits, such as more available resources and everybody kind of knowing each other.

Clearly no one has ever been on Emerald Dream during Burning Crusade.

“Welcome to Hellfire” is a coined phrase around there and even after that expansion.