Join me! Leave the light behind! Blizz has abandoned you!

The latest patch notes on WoWhead have confirmed blizz hates you. I abandoned my pally that I have had for over a decade. You can too!

Join me! FORSAKE THE LIGHT!!

EMBRACE WANTON VILOENCE AND RAGE!!!

18 Likes

If I’m leaving this toon then I’m leaving WoW.

20 Likes

Already turned off my subscription. They just destroyed every ret proc talent for their stupid consecration talent.

22 Likes

This is the holy paladin balance from 9.2 all over again. Instead of nerfing ashen hollow, they nerfed holys kit and healing.

Nevermind they just announced release date for DF. November 28th. Good luck to all of you

3 Likes

Sub cancelled, and it runs out in three weeks. I’ll buy the next month, probably, and after that… we’ll see, but it’s not looking good.

5 Likes

My stance also.
If I can’t play the character I want on retail, then I just won’t play retail. Simple as that.

8 Likes

I like current Ret. But I don’t like it so much that I refuse to play anything else. Never been that kind of player.

I’ll just roll something else. I’m sorry for everyone else, seriously.

1 Like

Yep. I’m not allowed to have fun in my favorite spec. I’m not allowed to feel useful. They can’t even let Retribution be fun only for pre-patch because they’re too lazy to do proper talent redesigns at this point in development. MAYBE they should have done it EARLIER, then, hm? No no no, we don’t know anything. :roll_eyes:

Same. Running out in around 3 weeks.

2 Likes

You guys will definitely still be able to play Ret at a CE level. That’s not changing

Way ahead of you lol. I already unsubscribed, im done with this bs. I refuse to give money to blizz when they have lied to us yet again.

This xpac was supposed to be them listening, why then is the pally alpha feedback at 1000 posts and yet maybe 3-4 dev posts months ago? Your not listening, my only hope now is Microsoft cleans house when they take over. Except for the art/music team and maybe 1 or 2 class teams that actually care about thier paying customers.

16 Likes

It’s nothing to do with being able to, it’s everything to do with wanting to.
The spec looks bad, the class tree is horrible, our utility is nothing new if not worse, or mobility is certainly worse.

Why would I want to reward Blizzard and play the class like they did a good job when they haven’t?
My contempt for the expansion is only equal to their contempt for the paladin player-base.

12 Likes

I mean this is why I first quit in Legion.

Hpal numbers were fine, and they were still taken to the highest difficulty content.

That doesnt change the fact the class was neutered with all of its most interesting spells removed including holy power, which even that they have ruined now the spec.

Legion hpal vs MoP hpal, omg its a joke, it was pathetic

9 Likes

Same with Ret, I’d take any Cata/MoP/WoD over any Legion/post-Legion expansion design.

11 Likes

Yeah its pretty sad. I made a very quick adjustment to the Ret Talent tree that I think helps a little. I just hope blizz sees how unhappy everyone is.

imgur a/YARpWs3

I feel like it lets players weave around having to take some talents.

As a pvper I rarely if every want to be using Divine Storm so even having it manditory was a little sad.

2 Likes

They see something. At the very least the acknowledged the divide they created in range and melee hpal but did not fix it.

1 Like

I’m going to transfer to my buddies server and just BS until my subscription expires. I’m just tired man…I want to have fun, I want to feel like my class is meaningful and that any shortcoming is due to my own skills and can be fixed if I just try harder.

I don’t want this. I don’t get to play in a way I find fun, if I work my backside off there’s a brick wall I’ll eventually just never be able to overcome, and when push comes to shove, even if I participate in the discussion and hopium distribution, the devs just won’t listen.

This is my main. It has been my main since I made him back in TBC as a Blood Elf and I’ve played him loyally since then. I have some alts, but none of them will EVER get the same level of attention I give to my main. Paladin is the class I’ve loved most. And even if Warrior seems fun, I refuse to change my class just to be able to enjoy a game without feeling like my class choice is dragging me back.

Blizz failed us a long time ago. We’re just now catching up to that reality.

5 Likes

Yes, WoD stays my favorite ret design but I also hold bfa ret dear only because of the cool synergies between vision of perfection, bfas AW, and being able to have relentless inquisitor, empyrean power and with corruption I just stacked mastery and got to 100% mastery unbuffed with over 250% with azerite traits.

BfAs pvp was such slow pace that the gcd changes were not thaat bad. Plus azerite traits were nerfed by 50% in pvp.

You know what happens when you have fun, you are actually eager and looking to play the game doing whatever it is you like. Back in wod I would engage in mindless wpvp in tanaan and ashran just for fun for hours and hours straight. Same in 8.3, hours of playing the battle of nazjatar and the black empire invasions wpvp just for fun. But in SL s1 and s2 I just queued arena, got my 3 chests and goodnight, Onto leveling other characters that were actually fun to play even by just doing callings or a m0.

2 Likes

Vision did a lot to reduce that feeling of not contributing to damage for 80% of your rotation.
I did enjoy vision a lot.

Some of you are saying you literally can’t play ret, when you definitely still can lol. You not wanting to is a different thing. I get it if you don’t wanna play ret. I don’t mean to be rude, but I have a question.

For those of you who refuse to play anything else, why are you still here? Ret has been **** for years. Something isn’t adding up.

I believe it’s more that it is undesirable.
It offers very little that is desirable to a group in general compared to classes that are getting more overall raid utility.
Yes it will be “playable” but will it be chosen over a comparable option? Not really.
M+ already shows how little Ret offers to the group as a bottom 4 spec (out of all 36 including all roles), and in DF that gap is set to increase as other classes receive more tools to bring to a group.

Not all players are fair weather/FotM players.

I’ve personally hated the design since Legion, for the most part I’ve tried to ignore it through Legion/BfA outside of getting it to max level, however due to the fact it is my long term main and has my most play time investment I wanted to play it more in SL.
It’s always going to be my preference despite Blizzard doing their best to make me not want to play it, it’s both the character and class I identify the most with.

That being said, based on how the player-base is being treated throughout development I’m simply not interested in playing something else this time around. If they aren’t going to make an attempt, then neither am I.

5 Likes