Jewelcrafting: Illustrious Jewelcrafter's Token (Cataclysm Collecting)

I’ve played off and on for a long time and slowly knocked out a reasonable chunk of the 3 Cataclysm recipe venders,
Farah Facet - 53%
Isabel Jones - 28%
Terrance Denman - 28%
but frankly this grind still seems a little extreme considering all the re-scaling they have done to gems with item/stat squishing making them completely obsolete. I think it’s a good time to finally reduce the grind a bit. I doubt very FEW people would care or notice aside from those that actually did over a year of one single NPC’s daily. Not to diminish their accomplishment but it’s quite dated now. I would simply be okay with them just reducing the grind a bit at this point to make it more reasonable to attain the recipes for collectors in less than an entire year to do so.

My suggestions are:

1. adding more sources for the token itself (ie. possibly trading in Cataclysm gems/materials or other currencies *such as Dragon Soul items like Mote of Darkness or Essence of Corrupted Deathwing which yield gems)
  2. cutting the cost of all the recipes on the venders themselves by half at the very least or ideally down to 1 token each
  3. making all of the recipes cost gold instead (this is my least favorite option as I think retaining the daily or a way to earn them would be the best option but I’m not against just buying them all to complete my collection as it has been done with other currency venders in the game)

We now need 545 tokens(days) for all the purchasable Cata JC patterns with the accessibility of only 1 single daily to achieve this. As a collector for how dated the content is seems a little extreme to take more than a year without missing a day of course.

34 Likes

Can someone post this on the Shadowlands alpha forum?
If they’re going to be bringing any changes to this, might as well be now.

3 Likes

I really wish Bizz would take your suggestions seriously. Jewelcrafting is expensive in time put it to learn the professions and recipes. There’s so much to do in WoW, who has 261 days to spend on this one achievement. Really Blizz , have a little mercy.

2 Likes

Holy sh. Necro + Upvote.

2 Likes

It would be really awesome if we could have bags of jewelcrafting tokens added to the Northrend and Cata timewalking vendors - perhaps 10 tokens for 100 timewalking badges? You can already buy the cooking equivalent that way.

4 Likes

Bringing more attention to this because…come on blizz we should be able to get these without nearly 2 full years of dailies for just ONE expansions worth of recipes now …12 years later. DEVS LOOK HERE PLEASE. Lets us buy these for gold or reduce their cost down to one token each for the love of all that is GOOD.

1 Like

Three years on from the original poster and still working on this. I don’t remember any other profession being this extreme? Jewelcrafting seems to be the unloved profession.

Yea, it’s unbelievably gate-kept content for dated recipes.

I enjoy collecting them but its beyond frustrating for it to be this way when there could be so many ways to fix it—it’s def on their super low priority list :frowning:

I agree, I find it very frustrating for Cata and Wrath. I have been a JCer since it came out in TBC but never collected all of those recipes for two expansions because it is exhausting.

1 Like

Here, here, Fix it blizz! (Northrend ones too, please)

Still trucking away XD I did find going to Hyjal instead of Deepholm for the Cata goo quest significantly easier. Def rec doing that instead, as soon as you port in there are Earth ele’s ripe for the reaping.

I hit the water elementals in Twilight. This grind in punishing…and I need to farm more LK gems to work on those patterns too :sa:

There needs to be a change for this type of legacy content. It takes more days of dailies than there were active days in the xpac to get all the recipes.

3 Likes

Hello. I am here to bump this thread and beg for the same. There really needs to be a way of handling the “achievibility” of LEGACY content. This thread specifically, regarding JC tokens. But there’s so many examples of legacy, > 6 years old, content that should get a boost of replay value by realizing it’s no longer current content, and letting completionists farm it realistically.

1 Like

Hey man, good news! Looks like there’s something in the 10.07 ptr.

It’s probably a good time to start running dragon soul and collecting currency to turn in for gem caches!

1 Like