[The Year of the Scourge] Archive

THE YEAR OF THE SCOURGE
January to December 2021

(Master thread)

The Year of the Scourge was an ambitious, cross faction and cross server campaign, conceived of to fill the content drought brought about for role-players during the first full calendar year of the Shadowlands expansion, for those whose characters had been left behind on Azeroth.

Beginning in January and spanning four chapters, the campaign saw champions and mercenaries from various guilds, communities and continents band together to investigate and stop the new Scourge for terrorizing the living.

Through weekly campaign events with attendance of 20+ characters per event, side-missions and quest-lines and collaboration between the 95+ dedicated and talented role-players, the story unfolded on the stages of Kalimdor, the Eastern Kingdoms, Pandaria and the Broken Isles, and finally, Northrend.

In December, our heroes found and killed the last Scourge Commander, the lich Lady Damnedfate, in the shadow of the Frozen Throne, at Icecrown Citadel.

Quick Links

Our Discord server is now for ANYONE who wants to stay apprised of events and storyline.
https://discord.gg/NsBR4ue9dY

How it all began

The Helm of Domination has been shattered, and chaos reigns. While some of Azeroth’s greatest leaders and champions have gone missing, the Scourge, who have mysteriously become a renewed threat, have made their way from Icecrown to the other continents of Azeroth.

During Chapter 1 (from January to the end of March), brave champions banded together, traveling from city to city as they were breached and invaded by scourge in what was discovered to be a highly coordinated attack. Now the cities have been cleared and their gates closed, as the remaining armies of undeath have vanished into the countryside.

Chapter 2 brought our heroes to Kalimdor and the eastern Kingdoms, investigating various Scourge incursions and operations in those areas, whereas Chapter 3 had them help the citizens of Pandaria, and eventually the Broken Isles.

The entirety of Chapter 4 happened in Northrend, moving from base camp to base camp, getting an eye-opening view of what the world would look like if the Scourge was let to continue with their invasion.

Weekly events

For roughly ten weeks in a row (an entire chapter), there will be events held weekly. While we will try and plan/lead as many events as possible, there may be the occasional week where a role-play prompt is posted instead, letting characters, groups or guilds to play out their own events while incorporating ideas from the campaign. Players can choose to participate in as few or as many events as they like.

Weekly World Updates

The events that happen each week will be considered canon for any following or opting-in to the year long campaign. World Update posts, on this very thread, will help those who might miss an event to be aware of what has transpired and how the world around them has changed, as well as how the story plot is evolving.

Thank you

Our heartfelt thanks go out to everyone who planned, participated in or supported this ambitious server-wide project. We hope it brought you as much joy as it has brought each one of us, and hope to collaborate with the community again soon.

23 Likes

scourge gaming

hope this turns out well!

good luck!

1 Like

Excited for this and to be a part of it.

1 Like

Looks like fun, I’ll definitely try and attend.

1 Like

That would be great! The more the merrier.

1 Like

I’m not in any sort of RP guild. My character operates independently and its been a long time since I’ve done a proper campaign but, I really would love to join and be a part of this. It sounds really fun.

1 Like

This ambitious campaign starts two weeks from today!

The first events will happen in:

• Stormwind City on Friday January 8th at 5pm-7pm.

• Orgrimmar on Saturday January 9th from 5-7pm.

If there are any guilds, communities or characters based out of Orgrimmar who would like to be part of the planning of this event, please send us a message here!

We will have a proper advert for it soon for participants.

1 Like

I’m really excited to be involved in this!

1 Like

This sounds so fun. I’m going to try and get a few people in the guild involved in this.

Update: we have a new volunteer DM and can now announce that our introductory event will happen in Orgrimmar AND Stormwind! Very excited for this.

1 Like

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8d4283cf09bc14dc6d4306fa2f3ba7f9/tenor.gif

3 Likes

Just popping in to say an update/teaser is coming to this thread soon to start getting us set up for the first event. Stay tuned to this Master Thread, everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Years Eve!

Bummer, wish Ashenvale was higher on the list as our guild might be off following another storyline by the time you get there… I think… does some math erm… I might jump in on the discord if you don’t mind…

As the final weight of the most-recent Scourge invasion bears down on Azeroth,
Argent couriers rush about major cities, plastering flyers wherever they could.

Sorry about the small missive! Forums are being weird with that image. You can click on it for a larger view!

Either way, hope to see you all in Stormwind on the 8th! :smiley:

5 Likes

And then in Orgrimmar on the 9th!

The campaign officially starts one week from today! More details coming out later today, so stay tuned!

THE YEAR OF THE SCOURGE
CHAPTER 1: Campaign Premiere Event(s)

• Friday January 8th in Stormwind City, (2021-01-09T01:00:00Z)

• Saturday January 9th in Orgrimmar, (2021-01-10T01:00:00Z)

The Year of the Scourge campaign kicks off with mirror events happening in each of the Alliance and Horde capital cities. Any and all characters that would be in or around Stormwind or Orgrimmar are invited to participate in these events, whether you belong to a guild or community or are a solo-adventurer or group of friends.

What brings your character to the event:

The Scourge wreaked havoc on Azeroth in their most recent invasion. The body count was massive, and the damage will linger for years to come. As major cities struggle to accommodate the funerals, a severe stomach bug has given medical centers concern. Then, amidst the uncertainty, a cry rings out in the city.A body has been found afloat in the city water system. It’s chewed up, gnawed on, bloated. It wasn’t drown, but rather seemed to have floated there from somewhere else.

How to get invited:
We invite you to join our cross-faction, cross-realm community to be invited to events as they begin: https://blizzard.com/invite/D25om0yhv0p

Subscribe to our Google Calendar of events to know about all future YOTS events:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=N3N2NDRlYzM4OGZkaWhscm5nZzJtZ24yZmNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

The campaign starts this coming Friday and Saturday, in Stormwind City and Orgrimmar respectively. Don’t forget to join the cross-realm community (link in OP) for quick and easy invite to raid group when the event is about to begin!

As your volunteer DM this weekend, they have given me, not one, but two full weeks to plan your demise.

Looking forward to Friday and Saturday!

3 Likes

Just a reminder that these events are happening this Friday and Saturday and all role-players who have characters in Stormwind or Orgrimmar are invited to attend the madness that will be the Year of the Scourge premiere event!