Jan 10 tuning

To save time I won’t copy what they are and assume everyone is aware of the changes. I’m just curious if anyone, just from the notes, feels like a VT build would be viable? I honestly love VT solely because of how cool it looks and I would LOVE to start using it competitively.

Vt build is not only viable, but actualy even better than cthun even now before the tuning…because wcreams of the void talent is bugged.

If you don’t mind can you explain how it’s bugged or link me to something that explains why it’s bugged?

Check out priest discord, it is realy a helpful source of information and most recent updates and sims.

Bug is basicaly that it doesnt speed up ticks of sw:pain. It works with vt i believe.

The moderators on that discord aren’t pleasant people to deal and all they do is offer links to guides on wowhead, icyveins, and other sources that anyone can access already.

2 Likes

That is a very misleading and disingenuos comment. If youre not a complete prick there…theyre very helpful…aswell as all other shadow priest in arms that gather there.

Ill recomend to everyone who is struggling with something to go there and just ask or go trough faq and pinned comments.

5 Likes

Publik and them have always been pleasant with me when I asked questions.

I wish the Mage discord had someone like Publik

1 Like

Mental Decay has some unintended interaction with Screams of the Void which causes Shadow Word: Pain to tick as if you have no haste, instead of 80% faster whilst channelling mind flay.

This means in Single Target builds mental decay is pretty much a dead talent, freeing up one spot in that section of the tree. Once you free up one point (Which goes in mind melt) it becomes logical to free up a second one as you’re only one point away from Void Torrent. The end result is a build running ysharrj, void torrent, and either cthun or yogg.

I dunno, I got banned for memeposting mastery screenshots in BFA with corruption gear in the Holy Priest section and they even denied my appeal. It’s clearly their loss as we seem to discuss very good things here on the forums while they just repost the icyveins/wowhead/automatikjak guides.

1 Like

Completely different people.

Yet here I sit still banned, and it raises the question as to who they allowed to become mods. Heck, I’ll even give the benefit of the doubt, and I’ll resubmit an appeal.

2 Likes

The mods are just clowns. They ban my BFF for saying that a court ruling was good news.

1 Like

Publik is great, and honestly I have no problem with most the shadow mods - they’re pretty nice and back up what they’re saying. That tends to not be the case on the healer side - they’re very nice when you go there for certain information, but they are very hostile if you mention any alternate methods of play.

Most of the time, asking about certain talents gets you a link to a guide. If you say you like playing something that’s not on the guide they will ask for logs and they will heavily scrutinize them if provided. To the point where I’ve seen very good logs (they’re parsing 95+) get the ‘woulda done better if you ran this build’ response, despite that not necessarily being true back in Shadowlands.

I kind of get where they’re coming from. There’s a TON of people coming into that discord all the time saying things like “I really like this talent!” that’s not good in any scenario. But the response that has evolved from that behavior has generally been to shut down all discussion quickly.

I still go in there from time to time, and I still think they’re a helpful resource, but I can definitely see where people are coming from when they criticize the place.

Also Disc priest players in any discord are pretty much all insufferable, even when they’re providing really good information. There are very few top disc priests that are active in the discords that aren’t very aggressive, lol.

That makes a bit more sense then. I have only gone there for shadow info as I don’t really heal that well (still practicing!)

This is my experience as well. I’ve come in there maybe 2-3 times and each time you suggest a anything that is counter against the set narrative it gets shut down quickly by the moderators. It’s a closed off and unfriendly environment. Also, I don’t know the credentials of the people in there to begin with because there’s no top tier players there posting at all frequently.

So it’s the simple fact that somebody managed to trademark a website with the name priest in and a discord and they want to act like they’re the arbiters of all priest info. They’re not; people like automaticjak, publik, etc. who are top tier players who post guides on wowhead and stream are the people helping the community more than anything. The warcraft priests used to write their own stuff, but literally just link to other sources now.

So when I got shut down the first time going in there in BFA I found a streamer called Hellokyuri who showed me everything I needed to know from how to weave dps and healing, use mouse over macros, use certain addons, setup my ui, etc. That was far more helpful and those skills I learned still carry over years later.

Not going to wade in on holy or disc topics but Publik and Myself both moderate and produce content for the Shadow section, as well as our respective guides over at WoWhead and Icyveins.

1 Like

I will be honest and say the shadow side was more friendlier with log analysis and stuff during Sanctum when I came in there asking questions.