Jaina Basically Murdered All the Night Elves

Or…

She fiddled as it burned, willing to sacrifice the Night Elves to find the answer.

And shifted uncomfortably out of guilt.

1 Like

Personally I find that unlikely, Jaina doesn’t seem that callous. Plus, we don’t really need more reasons for why Jaina is a terrible person.

We already have Tides of War for that.

17 Likes

Hyperbole aside, Blizzard does create questions when they create overpowered characters but then just pretend they don’t exist when it isn’t convenient for the plot.

In a rational world, we would have questions about why Jaina didn’t help out at Teldrassil. But then, I have asked many times why no one seems angry that she basically just abandoned Varian to his fate on the Broken Shore.

Blizzard just doesn’t want us to think about it.

29 Likes

Jaina’s powerful but she’s not godlike. People just exaggerate because she’s in opposition to the Horde, as opposed to an NPC threat.

When Varian died Gul’dan had literally just called up every single powerful named demon we’d ever fought, multiple raid bosses, in addition to hundreds of other demons. Jaina was present, yes, but it’s inane to think that she’d be able to turn the tide against that, or save Varian. She’d probably exhausted herself just trying to keep people alive.

She was also fighting alone all over the world against the Legion for the entire xpac. It’s such a weird dichotomy to hear people say she’s overpowered and then at the same time apply these feats to her that she’s shown no inclination towards being capable of doing. She probably didn’t even know about Teldrassil until after the Burning, and even then, what more could she have done? Teleport people forty-fifty at a time to safety? Make more portals?

The Horde took down Malfurion with an axe to the back and burned a world tree with catapults and shamans. Blizzard wanted the nelves to lose, and Jaina, present or not, doesn’t change that nor is it a negative reflection on her character.

4 Likes

Jaina solo’d the Horde raid, who have killed many gods, and walked away laughing and unhurt with all her objectives completed. Therefore she’s not just godlike, she something stronger than god.

Yes, that seems about right.

She didn’t have to solo the Burning Legion, she just had to teleport 1 fool who was attempting to solo the Burning Legion.

28 Likes

I am kidding. Mostly.

Jaina’s alright enough. When I first logged into WoW, I got recommended some random server. I ignored that recommendation, and chose Proudmoore because I thought she was a good character.

I have my Alliance Alts there still. I am PST and so is Proudmoore. It worked out.

I certainly don’t hate her. But she is nuts and fun to laugh at.

3 Likes

She was probably already down for the count when that happened. The Alliance was in full retreat, how would she know Varian was going to jump solo down at the Fel Reaver?

Not to mention the idea that the Horde raid is considered the same characters who have killed gods is quite frankly shaky, and borderline trollish. We have no indication that the game treats the Horde raid as those same people who have ‘killed many gods’, because it plays it fast and loose with that lore. There’s only one Speaker of the Horde in the story, after all.

Also don’t mock my poor comma use plz, it was a stylistic choice to indicate a statement made in breathless amazement.

2 Likes

Well, I will concede that Chronicles said the Alliance beat every raid ever and the canon existence of Horde “heroes” is somewhat questionable. The Alliance even solo’d the Sunwell!

8 Likes

I wonder which Dreadlord has been inhabiting her corpse this whole time.

3 Likes

She wasn’t down for the count. She’d already left in a huff because she didn’t like the Alliance working with the Horde.

pretty sure that was after they got home and Jaina tried to convince Anduin to fight both the Legion and the horde (because for some goddam reason it became Anduin’s decision to make).

But anyway that was after Varian was already dead that she left in a huff.

1 Like

and she already has experience teleporting this particular fool away from his foolhardy attacks, so we know she can do it

17 Likes

Jaina isn’t omniscient, and no one really knew where she was or what she was doing until she showed up in her dad’s Flying Dutchman of a ship and cast the world’s biggest Frost Nova over the Blight.

I mean, they did okay.

There were only 1000 elves left on the tree when it went up anyway.

Daily reminder that they could have put any number on that quest but they chose to put 1000, and have never directly contradicted that number. I will die on this hill.

8 Likes

This is one of my bigger gripes with Blizzard storytelling in general. They make characters do awesome things in the name of “rule of cool”, but then we’re supposed to forget those characters can do those things when it becomes a hindrance to whatever story they’re tying to tell at the time.

Like why doesn’t Jaina, who has been shown that she’s capable of teleporting armies, teleport the Alliance army behind Horde lines and wipe them out. Why not teleport a bomb into the Warchief’s throne room. Why is the Vindicaar not orbital striking the Horde military to dust.

It’s little stuff like that, where it was really cool to see them in the moment, but makes no sense when they never do it again.

6 Likes

RIghtly, they know and fear that Brown Fem Thrall is coming for them.

1 Like

Yeah, she could learn a lesson or two from Ben Parker.

3 Likes

Don’t you mean Bad Writing of the Lore of BFA?

4 Likes

You think less of Night elves than Threeslot does of Jaina.

3 Likes

It’s ruinous power has corrupted more victims than the Old Gods and Legion combined.

4 Likes