Jaina Basically Murdered All the Night Elves

With great power comes great responsibility. And when you make characters stupid-powerful like Superman or Jaina, you better have a good excuse when they let entire nations of civilians they are supposed to be protecting get genocided repeatedly.

Jaina has previously mass teleported entire armies several times, even while they are in combat. It would have been child’s play for her to save the entire population. In “Elegy”, the Teldrassil evacuation was going on for what seemed to be weeks. Plenty of time for Jaina to swoop in and teleport out every last child. That’s if she didn’t just use her god tier water powers to save the whole tree.

But she chose not to save them. She basically murdered them all.

48 Likes

… is… is this because of the Dalaran thread?

27 Likes

Oof. You know you’re probably going to get a forum vacation for this, don’t you?

But I laughed, for what it’s worth.

12 Likes

same energy as this thread:

(that is probably the joke)

Reading through that thread did bring up some questions for me.

The evacuation seemed to take place over “days”. Had multiple portals apparently running 24/7. So why were there still children on Teldrassil when the fire came?

You’d think getting the children out would have been the first priority. Really, it’s just bad parenting at that point.

28 Likes

though I do unironically think Jaina should have been able to port Varian out of the Broken shore just as she did for her boyfriend Thrall during the Battle of Mt. Hyjal.

5 Likes

The explanation I’ve been given is… beeg beeg tree, lots of people.

8 Likes

For people living in a tree, you’d think they’d be prepared to get up and leaf their homes.

57 Likes

they probably thought sylvanas’ bark was worse than her bite

28 Likes

I know this post is a funny post but in a logical universe the OP wouldn’t be so wrong. However this is another case of “This is not the story we wanted to tell” or “Magic is complicated”. There is no real reason for the absence of all powerful mages, void elves or the Vindicar.

20 Likes

Remember that time Jaina saved the entire city of Stormwind from burning down with frost magic?

I do, IT HAPPENED IMMEDIATELY AFTER DARNASSUS.

63 Likes

And it was magical SUPERFIRE powered by the Old Gods too.

Especially after she teleported Varian and his entire army out of UC that one time when they were in combat.

10 Likes

Maybe they just didn’t want to abandon their roots.

36 Likes

These puns are arborant.

35 Likes

I know this is a troll, but i’ll accept this bait. You’re assuming they’d accept leaving Teldrassil even if it was burning, which most of them wouldn’t. And I don’t think Jaina could ever cloak the entire tree in frost magic. Even if she was involved, there would only be a small additional amount of survivors.

At least we’re able to really branch them out.

27 Likes

So it’s not Jaina’s fault, because millions of Night Elves, who had lived 10,000 years, would have all committed suicide like lemmings in solidarity with a tree that was 15 years old?

We’re not talking about Hyjal here. We are talking about Fandral Staghelm’s tree that was planted after WC3 for the Old Gods.

19 Likes

In regards to your last point, I can’t emphasize enough that judging by the cutscene, she put out all of Stormwind being engulfed in flame.

…If you play just Alliance, do they ever mention your entire capital city catching fire?

4 Likes

That’s exactly what i’m saying.

was that a pun?

1 Like