Jade Serpent Statue rework

I get lost in imagination at times, and this was my most recent revelation. I believe this change could fix many of mistweavers issues in Pve and pvp such as:

-Allowing fistweavers to do damage outside of melee range at times when melee range not feasible

-granting limited raid utility through creating a LoS object

-increasing fistweavers damage and raid damage

-pvp viability by creating a LoS object with an attached slow

First, jade serpent statue is made baseline and a while talent row is dedicated to JSS. The first talent would make jade serpent Statue into a summonable target dummy essentially linked with the target. Any damage done to the statue is transferred to the target (think Illoai from league of legends). This can be used in two ways. first, the statue can be summoned away from the mob pack allowing the mistweaver to do damage from a distance during times that melee is too dangerous. Second, the statue can be dropped on top of the mob pack and allow the team to cleave the statue with other mobs for increased damage to the target. Also, this could be used in pvp to deal damage to a target without being in cleave distance. The healing function of JSS would be disabled with this talent.

The second talent in the row would essentially summon a pillar that slows targets and creates a LoS barrier. The statue would have increased size (maybe twice as big in diameter), and would block line of sight and slow targets when it is summoned. This would be useful for pvp and have some raid/group utility for certain fights that require LoS barriers. The healing portion of JSS would be disabled with this talent.

Finally, the third talent would make JSS function as it does now (I know, how boring).

Thanks for hearing me out.

Iā€™d like if JSS just targeted the lowest health player with renewing mist on them.

1 Like