I've played over 10,000 pvp pet battles

… And this is the first time I’ve ever had someone queue into me with two pets (figured it was impossible because whenever I tried to queue with a dead pet it wouldn’t allow me).

imgur.com/a/WdqCMTJ

Shoutout to Darmand, Zepp, Discodoge, Doomcookies and anyone else that still frequents this forum when I did back in… WoD?

6 Likes

I think its possible if you’re in queue, and one or two of your pets dies while fighting a wild pet or boss or whatever.

So I was blown away when Evë got the 5,000 achieve. Is this amazing or sign of someone who really, really needs to get a life. Now 10K ? Awesome, gotta admit.

1 Like

Probably both. My 5k achieve was during WoD when there was nothing to really do and the other 5k was BFA and this darn pandemic keeping me inside.

While this is probably the case, there are two other possibilities.

1. They used two of the ultimate training stones from their garrisons and didn’t bother to fill the third slot.
  2. The mad fellow leveled multiple pets all the way to 25 without filling their third slot. I can just imagine them going through all of the carry guides for each trainer or simply going through everything by trial and error. In that most unlikely of cases, they are my hero for such an endeavor.

I wish to echo this sentiment. It is nice to see a familiar face around here every now and then, even if I do not play that much anymore. Also, kudos on the 10k! You are far more motivated than I.

2 Likes

Hey Crittir! I remember you, and thank you. :slight_smile:

I was asked to pass this along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWS3ew74DQ

Pet Battle PvP | Can you play with only 2 pets?

I’ll give it a watch when I get home. I could certainly farm wins with two pets. I have won games where I never use my third pet.

I remember in wod some guy would use graves, murkalot and elekk plushie to soak and would still win games.

I’ve accidentally queued with 2 pets right after doing a pve fight where 1 pet died

Props on the 10K mark. I powered through the 5k during Legion like it was a shorter version of a high rank PvP grind in Vanilla. I retired after the achieve popped. I just can’t do no mo’.

Ya that’s the only way you can do it I guess, because trying to queue with a dead pet disallows you. “Pet slot 1,2 or 3 is dead”

Yeah, I just did it on alts over WoD because they give experience equal to a quest completion. Did it again in BFA. I skipped doing it in Legion because I was actually enjoying the game a lot then. Got so many toons to max this way lol.

https://i.imgur.com/i8KDTNc.jpg

edit: posted on my classic account.