ITT we are veterans of the 8th war

Seige of Org 3.0 was pretty good but it’s funny how Blizz said this wasn’t BFA2 all over again. Who is going to be the new leader of the Horde after new new High Council turned out to all be tyrants and blight bombed themselves? Grandpa Anduin still has hope for peace and thinks the Horde is going to change for reals this time even after they nuked Azuremist isle and turned all the surviving Draenei into radioactive monsters.

Also, that Mecha Tyrande fight was pretty intense…what does this mean for the Mecha Nelves now that they’ve lost another home? Will the redeemed Lightbringer Sylvanas come save them?

22 Likes

please im so tired

14 Likes

it’s been seven expansion packs and we still haven’t seen a single demon hunter. since blizzard refuses to update the lore, i’ve decided we’re throwing the sickest rave of all time on marduum.

7 Likes

Imho AU Arthas will be the new war chief. Yeah, the kings of the north expac was controversial for throwing yet another timeline into the mix, but he is the highest profile horde leader left and with lordaeronians being one of the most played horde races now it just makes sense.

13 Likes

(Commentary): Obviously they’re going to reclaim the long lost ruins of Mechagon. It’ll be a shame to retire the raid to give them a new home, but after we used it for our capital city in Fury of the Technomancer, it’s just too iconic not to re-use for the fifth time. Besides, everyone knows Lightbringer Sylvanas isn’t coming back anytime soon. She’s happily married to Calia Menethil and retired. You know, after the Dawn Elves (they used to be the Blood Elves, if you can remember that far back) entered the Realm of Light through the Sunwell and were nearly transformed into Holy Ethereals by Elune.

(Speculative): Anyways, I think Varietta Wrynn will lead the Horde. Ever since Varian came back as a female Kyrian, she’s really kicked a lot of butt, and I think that’ll resonate with a lot of the players in the New Bloodsteel Horde. Sure, Varietta was the arch nemesis of the founder of the New Bloodsteel Horde, Loa’jin, but its still a very fitting transition considering she’s now married to Zul’jin, High King of Quel’Thalas.

2 Likes

That’s almost certainly not how it will be. Rather, imagine a threat coming up that just has to demand the immediate immobilization of the Horde’s war machine against it. And so the Horde council decides that a time of such war demands the return of the Warchief, until the threat passes. And they appoint Geya’rah, as she is a skilled and experienced commander.

And then Geya’rah turns and invades Azuremyst to slaughter the Draenei to repay them for what they did to her people on AU Draenor.

And then the Council will wring it’ hands for a patch or three and then when Geya’rah insults Baine for failing to sit properly at the state dinner table, the Horde will rise up in righteous wrath to overthrow Geya’rah, the Tyrant of Orgrimmar and her mere rabble of supporters, who are yet too dangerous for the Alliance to handle on their own.

The Alliance will, of course, bear witness to this grand and moving struggle via robot rabbit.

4 Likes

(Caution): Don’t give away the Alliance’s next Allied Race! The Horde is getting the High Sethrak, and if players learn the Alliance is getting Mecharabbits, it’s going to be BFA all over again!

i won’t lie to you, for an honest second I read this and was genuinely confused as if I had just woken up from a 10 year coma.

12 Likes

Y’all are just giving Blizzard ideas for free, huh?

6 Likes

I was hoping for Swamp Gnomes or the Parakeet Elves :frowning:

3 Likes

Hopefully the next expansion involves us returning to the Shadowlands. I want to go back and found out how Kiro is making out as the new Jailer, and Shadow Vulpera could use some new lore.

4 Likes

this thread gave me anxiety

6 Likes

I provide only the most terrible glimpses of the future.

It comes with the tentacles.

1 Like

Well hopefully Umbric returns from the Voidlands and he can just use his new powers as the Void King to take us to AU Shadowlands.

It’s a shame we had to leave the removed Fleshgnome race (for new players reading this, you used to be able to make playable gnomes!) in the Maw, maybe they’re still alive in the other timeline?

3 Likes

Still waiting on that dance studio, Activision-EA-Blizzard

7 Likes

I just wish the Fable crossover expansion lasted more than one patch before the licensing fell apart. The fallout from that sucked, I want to be able to play the game in Windows again.

1 Like

I wasn’t really so hot on the 11.1 patch. As usual, Blizzard just keeps pulling old characters into goofy new situations. There was no need for Timewarped Gul’dan to be resurrected, his arc was over in 9.3 when we took him out after giving us the time skip needed for Legion 2 to come out.

He bearly even appears in Turalyon’s Revenge, you don’t even fight him! You kill the 3 time fel crystals and he gives you gear that’s ALREADY outclassed by normal Silvermoon runs.

3 Likes

Grampuin vs Mechanduin

1 Like

I am laughing but there’s tears of deep sorrow running down my face.

11 Likes

I MAIN A NIGHT ELF FEMALE

I HAVE SINCE BC

IMAGINE MY PAIN, THOMAS BATES.

Imagine it.

I genuinely though I would get the male troll dance for a brief shining period. I did.

3 Likes