It's Virtually Impossible for Alliance to Win Korrak's Revenge

I’ve been doing Korrak’s revenge for days and I haven’t seen a single close match as alliance. Never mind a win. Even in groups where we back cap, defend, and capture the right graveyards, we still lose badly.

It’s not a lot of fun having an event that the alliance can’t win. When one side can’t win, there’s something seriously wrong with it. The battleground is totally slanted to favor horde. Thanks for this great event, Blizz.

52 Likes

I lost 3 times when I was farming the mount on Horde side.

That means the Alliance won at least 3 times.

That means it’s not impossible! :smiley:

72 Likes

I suck at PVP and just did a few, finished a second one just recently on priest and well… we on Alliance have more mount focused queuer’s like me than actual pvp competent players that horde have. Just a population skew, not Blizz’ fault I don’t think.

5 Likes

This just tickles me pink considering Alliance completely dominate normal AV. I havent won AV on horde in ages.

Now the shoes on the other foot and it is “unfair” :roll_eyes:

45 Likes

They changed it a while ago and alliance almost never win now in regular bgs.

14 Likes

I have won it as ally a decent number of times. It is easy enough to do if people actually want to.

5 Likes

On my Horde characters I find that I lose at least once or twice a day. One of the problems I see is that a lot of Alliance players seem to focus on the stuff we’re happy to let them have, and not enough on the stuff we actually want.

All that stuff on the left? Keep it. We’re straight shotting up the right to take that one graveyard and then force our way into your base.

The successful alliance wins I’ve seen, that aren’t due to our own incompetence, tend to have a large force ready to push us all away from that one graveyard. Shatter our coordinated group, then send people to start taking stuff to push us back.

We’re just so often uncontested in our route.

12 Likes

Yes i am sure they programmed the game go make alliance lose :roll_eyes: get real dude.

That is the reason for korraks revenge going poorly.

Any other losses are purely a situation of your team playing poorly. I lose bgs all the time on horde.

3 Likes

I won a couple on Alliance earlier today while leveling my DH.

My very first run was a Win, and I didnt even intend to do more then gather rams. It was quite the battle though.

I just lost Korrak’s Revenge to the Alliance 30 seconds ago.

9 Likes

I’ve never seen horde focus heals, horde got annihilated in packed house.

Yup, it’s a mix. And it can be frustrating for others. I myself wanted to get better but losing constantly feels bad… and it’s not like my puny healer can take on mobs of horde like it usually ends up being.

I literally had someone before it started slash ‘‘i’’ that we should stick to the plan of getting XP… no plan just wing it…

More or less paraphrasing… :rofl:

Look at the stats. Alliance win almost no epic battlegrounds. They do slightly better in normal battlegrounds, but the win rate is sub 30% for most epics on alliance.

3 Likes

Not only that, but horde dominates almost every BG. Last time I checked it was 10:2 and horde was crying that Alliance always wins SotA. Because 11:1 would be more balanced. When I looked at PvP ratings, the top 50 were almost exclusively Belf paladins. Only 1 in the top 25 were alliance (Paladin also).

When BG was first introduced, Alliance wins in AV were so rare that no one would believe it unless there was a SS posted on the forums to prove it.

But yeah, horde favoritism is imaginary. Thats why they have the statue in front of the campus to prove that neither side is favored.

21 Likes

I made a thread about this on the BG forums, but the horde NPCs are a lot stronger up to 10 times as strong. Commander Duffy has 39k health, while his counterpart on the horde FW GY has 397k health. The alliance Marshals have half the health of the horde Warmasters, the horde has far more NPCs in this base as well. The alliance also does not have a commander guarding their last GY.

i.imgur com/N9E13Em.jpg

This issue though is being investigated, if it gets fixed in time is another story.

32 Likes

What would it take to make alliance win more? Ally already have better pvp racials…

Your groups must just suck then. Sorry for the bad luck. But Ive been winning mostly while using this event to powerlevel some of my higher yet not capped toons. Alliance has always had a huge advantage over horde in AV, and Korraks Revenge is no different.

I don’t know anyone who’s had a win. No one in my guild has had a win, most of the people in chat haven’t had a win, and in the last 10 matchs, my groups haven’t even reached the final towers before we lose.

3 Likes