It's time to revamp all areas graphics wise!

Hey guys,

So seeing as Blizzard has revamped some Battlegrounds this expansion. Those being Arathi Basin, Deepwind Gorge, and Warsong Gulch, I feel the time has come to do the same with every zone in-game.

Currently only (2) zones in the game world have been revamped and those are Arathi Highlands and Darkshore.

Seeing as this has been done with specific zones and Battlegrounds, Why not complete all of the other zones now as well graphical wise?

This would give a good feel for the game and make the game world itself more modern looking for gamers that play this game or may be considering to play this game!

So ya. I feel the time has come to revamp the graphics for every zone come Shadowlands. :slight_smile:

Also, Blizzard should upgrade the graphics on older mounts as well in-game as the new mounts that come out lately look more better graphical wise.

Feel free to share your thoughts!

11 Likes

It would have been two more areas if not for the cancelling of the next 2 Warfronts.

I’m not opposed to this… but it’s a big undertaking. And there’s a lot of things that need done in this game that I feel are more important right now.

3 Likes

hol up
hol up
hol up

When you say ‘revamp’, and reference Arathi and Darkshore, it makes me think you mean ‘retexture’ moreso than revamp.

Retexturing is a significantly easier task than a full revamp, so that distinction is important.

2 Likes

All for it.

Honestly, start with Outland first. It’s the oldest open world zone in the game. Make it actually be a collection of floating rocks on the fringes of the Twisting Nether rather than what it is now. Make it more consistent with Draenor’s locales and visuals.

If we’re looking at a complete revamp rather than a retexture/remodel, Outland is well beyond due for a return to see how things have changed since our last visit. If we are to get a TBC “Classic” server, then it’s definitely high time to move on from the past on Outland and see to the present.

1 Like

Except with the squish, places like Outland can be completely skipped and allow Blizz to completely ignore them. Doubt we’ll ever get a revamp there, especially since Legion is now out of the way. WoD was its roundabout revamp.

Honestly my biggest complaint with Blizzard. Everything has to be “new.” Sometimes it’s perfectly fine to take a step back and look at what you have rather than send us off to the actual afterlife to fix a problem.

4 Likes

As someone that modded their skyrim to heck and back. I believe you mean “spruce up the textures” instead of an entire revamp. A revamp would include new models from scratch. A retexture is basically just the skin on everything

Blizzard: “Hey, check out all the cool, new looks for the old zones!”

Player: “Awesome, looks good. So, what about the gameplay?”

Blizzard: “The wha’?”

2 Likes

Seems like a waste of time/resources, most of the zones aren’t even visited during leveling (Desolace, 1k needles, Feralas, etc.) let alone at end game. I’d rather have them focus their efforts in things that matter.
Maybe upgrade the zones that truly get visited during questing: Ashenvale, Redridge, Duskwood…

1 Like

I don’t disagree at all, but this is also the company that reinvents the wheel every expansion rather than stick with what works and expand on it.

Those are three zones that were revamped in Cata.

Also revamped in Cata.

A revamp would be even more than that. In Cata, they changed quests, stories, textures, and models.

If it’s just a textural upgrade, aren’t all zones included in the graphic updates every expansion?

Well I figured they meant revamp as in “Seriously make the whole zone over again with all the stuff we can do now” which would be a lotta work.

I’m thinking strictly art here and not quests n stuff

1 Like

Yeah, either way it’s a ton of work that’s probably not going to be appreciated…like Cata’s rework. I seriously love the quest flow, stories, and such from Cata and understood from day 1, having done Loremaster prior, how much was changed. Didn’t go over well, because endgame suffered. New players don’t have a clue.

Many of the old models are very low definition which wouldn’t be significantly improved by retexturing.

2 Likes

This is most likely on their bucket list and would be done with the next world revamp. It just has to be the right time to do it.

Personally I would advocate for a time jump showing how far the world has come approximately 20-35 years or so. This would allow for the current devastated races such as the humans, the elves, Draenei and the Darkspear to recover while also allowing for new races to stake their claim such as the Void Elves, the Lightforged, and the Mag’har.

Kingdoms will be rebuilt, cities will be made, villages will rise, sorrows will be mended, and there will be a lasting peace, for a time.

Even potentially discovering new lands on Azeroth.

All and all a relatively fresh start to an old familiar world.

1 Like

I am very, very sick of going to ‘cool new island’ each expansion. Not only does it make the world map look a little silly, it’s just gotten old. It makes Azeroth feel smaller, funnily enough, even though BFA introduced a human nation that’s been part of the WarCraft lore basically forever.

It was a gigantic missed opportunity that Battle for Azeroth didn’t focus on the ‘Azeroth’ part of its namesake.

I will admit, even if it comes across as lazy to some, I have enjoyed going back to old areas and seeing them given new relevance for 8.3.

7 Likes

A time skip is a terrible idea. I understand the desire for it, but to me it would kill my drive to even continue playing the game, and would reinforce the second worst thing Blizzard has done with their lore: shove it all into the books and only leave the game with bits and pieces to pick up.

35 years of a time skip would bloat this already unnecessary shunting of lore to a place where not even hilariously bad photoshopped images of a body builder posing as Illidan can get me to care or invest in to.

I would support a reskinning to make things look better. The art department at Blizzard does some amazing work.

I concur that reworking zones would be unwelcome, unless of course they posted a nice bronze dragon to allow us to toggle back and forth between times.

If it’s just visual, rather than full on Cataclysm styled upheaval, then I say go for it. No need to cling to late PS2 era graphics.

Start screwing with the underlying mechanics and layout and… well that’s something different altogether.

I would take a retexture over a revamp 100%.