Its time to change how the mount collection achievements count

I’m so tired of these stupid achievements. And before anyone mentions it, let me make it clear that I’m well aware of how it supposedly counts mounts.

I know that pallies have the edge, but my pally is a Zandalari, so I lose out on one and it should be tied with my lock, but my lock has been my char to get on for max mount count, always being 1 ahead of my pally for some unknown reason. But now suddenly they’re the same count, and NEITHER made it update correctly. I went from 459 to 461 after buying 3 BFA rep mounts I hadn’t yet purchased. And I’m sick of it. This whole “dance around until it’s usable by one character” shtick has always been annoying and it needs to go away. I mean, the way it actually counts mounts is absurd! Basically, every mount is counted faction-wide except pally and warlock mounts, as it is.

But even with all the tools out there, I can’t figure out how many I actually have. According to Simple Armory, I am at 450, but the achievement lists 461 and my overall mount count is 511. I shouldn’t have to datamine the freaking achievements just to figure out what is and isn’t going to count!

It just needs to go off the higher number of total mounts it says I have in my collection page on my Horde vs my Alliance toons. Nice and simple.

EDIT: I should also point out that the number of actually usable, mount-up-on-able mounts on my pally is 426, so it doesn’t really line up with what the achievement claims it requires.

This is the only one that matters. Not sure why Blizzard gives us other counts.

I agree this is definitely overly complicated. I’m just grateful that they fixed the bugged achievement count. For years, you had to learn a brand new mount on the character with the most usable mounts to trigger the mount count to go up (may go up several very quickly if you learned a bunch on alts). Thankfully the old method works again where you just log in to the character with the most to update the count overall.

I also seem to remember that all Legion class hall mounts count toward the larger number, even if unusable by the character. I think the inconsistency definitely adds to the confusion.