It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons

2H frost is besides the point. I personally enjoy dual wield more but thats just me. They took away dual wield 1H from fury and frost is the last dual wield 1h strength class. But all that aside, it is purely cosmetic preference. At the end of the day Frost DK needs to have more active burst outside of a breath cycle and more damage on obliterate / frost strike. Move damage off frost fever, frost shouldnt be a dot spec or have auto attacks be a large portion of our damage.

4 Likes

You’re already subbed or you couldn’t be here lul

1 Like

i believe frost 2hand weapon would be dream we all would want, and will more fun based fact you have more options on build.

13 Likes

how does the build have more options by solely being a 2 hander over dual wield? It will be purely cosmetic.

1 Like

Frost got some changes here, not sure what they will do but its a start.

1 Like

Blizzard. Please. Put. Damage. On. Obliterate. And. Frost. Strike.

Quit messing around with breath of sindragosa. As long as that thing is a talent, or if you really want to keep it just make it baseline, the other builds will always lack. Please bring back the big damage obliterates and threatening frost strikes to Frost DK. Make this melee spec a melee spec. In my mind it should be comparable to Arms for burst damage but different utility against magic. All our damage on frost fever and auto attacks is ridiculous.

14 Likes

I agree for the most part, but we should take what we can get, the rune changes should bring up or damage a bit.

1 Like

I disagree with that mind set

How would ya’ll deal with 2h using fallen and the loss of razer while 1h uses both

In an effort to make both the same so neither is stronger than the other

1 Like

But we can all agree on one thing, we just want our frost dk back. And maybe not even have it back to how much damage it used to be we just want it to be viable and not get thrown to the side for playing a Frost DK

3 Likes

While I agree that I want it back as well I disagree with the rest cuz just having it back will lead right back to where we are now. People will complain about not doing damage as the people with 2h/1h and Blizz will go welp we can’t be bothered to balance it and we’ll take it away lol. Then the cycle begins anew

Bring it back! At least cosmetic

4 Likes

Well I hope its not just cosmetic.

7 Likes

pretty simple if blizzard put frost dk with 2 hands you have to choose what runicforge you want, the fallen crusade will be like meta but if they are smart enough can make all 3 runic forges competitive in pve, allowing to have different builds based on the runicforge you choose.

6 Likes

Still don’t understand why the changed Frost to duel wield…so lame and does not fit with the Death Knight Fantasy.

12 Likes

Just change the dam abilities then, small price to pay to get 2H back.

6 Likes

Cosmetic would have a half attempt…the fantasy is a two-handed rune weapon dealing big numbers with Obliterate. Those two components are what made Frost so much fun to play irrespective of how competitive the spec was at any given time.

Blizzard keeps adding all these new flashy abilities when they are not even really wanted. Go back to basics and get the foundation of what Frost DK’s were about right first IMO.

10 Likes

Basics is all were asking for just bring back two hands and obliterate its not that hard to ask for.

10 Likes

Exactly, its really strange the developers have been looking the other way on this. It would make so many DK players happy…

5 Likes

was not only that was the AMBIDEXTERITY trait from our old traits of artifact weapon it was 50% increase the dmg of offhand frost strike and offhand obliterate base… 65% with 3 relics and those were bis, if they increase dmg of frost strike and obliterate offhand- by 50% exchange AMBIDEXTERITY with talent ICECAP …and in the ptr i tested it, machine gun build can be back if they do the exchange, i placed post talking about it in the dk thread you could deal lots of dmg sustain 30k dps for 405 dk this artifact latent chill and killer frost azurite traits buffing your frost strike dmg increase the dmg decent you actually have to be real machine gun always low on ammo deal and increment of dmg like lower amount of runes increase your dmg,witch make more versatility to play but ofc will be an easy class to play.

1 Like

Yes, but as i pointed out earlier in this thread, i would like nothing more than getting 2h frost back, with the BIG obliterate numbers we all know and love. The reason i wrote “at least cosmetic” is for all the guys who actually like DW. They would probably get mad if dw was scrapepd for 2h, just like we got mad when 2h got scrapped for dw. I am not a dev by any means, and if they were to make frost 2h again, some mechanical changes probably has to happen as well. Therefore maybe a cosmetic option would be the EASIER one. Let there be no doubt tho my friend, personally i would like nothing more than carrying the Greatsword of the Ebon Blade and hit HARD again.

( I am norwegian so if i struggle to get my point across or english generally is bad, that is why. im sorry)

6 Likes