It's really unfortunate

Considering how much effort has been put into the hunter beta feedback thread

Its as if they’ve only used hunter players to test for hygiene factors and have committed to ignoring how coherent it feels to play each of the specs

• Hunters Mark left clunky as is
  • No reduction on increased cobra shot costs
  • Focus management still a mess
  • Trueshot not having a real impact with said focus challenges
  • Arcane shot for BM/SV
  • Pets still being on a 4 sec res with no additional survivability
  • SV literally no response
  • Nightfae ability not working well with so many abilities

The list goes on. It is certainly disappointing how close we are to prepatch while the state of hunter is allowed to pass QA as is.

21 Likes

yeah its pretty bad. especially when Monks got so much love and enhancements coming in shadowlands.

I know no one cares when someone rerolls a new main but I’ve been a hunter since vanilla. I’ve played other classes but my hunter has always been my main. BFA challenged that. SL is killing it. I’m a warlock now.

Hopefully they surprise us in the next few weeks. As far as I know SV still has no covenants on beta.

Honestly I agree with all but the 4 second rez timer on pets. 2 seconds is just broken… While leveling to 120 I would agro far to many mobs. I’m talking 20+ and be able to beat them all. Barrage to agro all with misdirect. Try to keep pet alive with mend and 20% reduced dmg. Pet would always die to that many so I’d turtle. Rez pet. Misdirect. Feign. They die.

2 seconds was crazy. 4 seconds is more in line. At least for pve. Not sure how PvP is so if 2 seconds better in PvP then they can change it easily to be faster in PvP.

2 Likes

Defending the 4 second pet res on the basis of “it makes us too OP for levelling content” is such an adorably naive take.

22 Likes

Understand where you’re coming from. For general content difficulty it’s okay but where it becomes apparent is in pvp, mythic or high keys with time sensitive mechanics.

Pets do get deleted even with mend on them. It’s not something that can be avoided

You can see an this example how an SV hunter gets shut down on beta here

I’ve decided to move on, too. I have played hunter exclusively since BC but I am setting it aside for SL. My guild doesn’t think I can do it, but its not the same class I was devoted to for all these years. Time for something else.

2 Likes

I mean this was the case when Legion launched more than it is now, but I get your frustration.

2 Likes

I just stopped playing during most of Legion because I didn’t want to switch classes. I enjoy the game, though, and in hindsight that was a mistake. Better to try something new first.

I switched from MM to MW Monk in Legion and had a blast because MW was sooooo OP. Hilariously so. When 3 dps come up on you as a healer and you kill all three, bit of an issue.

I’ve been messing around with Warlock, Ele shaman, Boomkin, and Frost DK. I’m leaning toward DK for SL. I really wanted to try lock because they are another pet class, but it just didn’t call to me. Maybe MW would be nice to try but I’ve never played it.

I only tried MW because I’d never played a healer in wow so I figured I’d try it. It was fun, but def not something everyone would be into. They kind of nerfed it in BFA though.

So ignore Bepples got that note now. every post I’ve seen from them is just an insult to someone.

And in PvP great change it to 2 seconds. Pve from what I’ve seen so your pet is near immune to everything except lava and when it takes agro. Pve the long 2 seconds more won’t matter much outside of solo or when your pet does actually die due to either poor control of the hunter or something totally unavoidable. PvP I’m all for them making it faster in PvP.

2 Likes

4 second pet res is nothing to complain about it’s completely balanced.
Out of all the classes hunters have come out ahead as a whole with all 3 specs being viable and good to go in all content. People will always complain but there are other classes with specs who have it really bad and should make noise.

1 Like

Not to mention our “legendaries” are not legendary effects. There is nothing exciting about any mm legendary

1 Like

To be honest, (just focusing on pve) in open world or keys under 15, I’ve never had an issue with keeping pets alive.

However when it comes to pushing higher keys, generally +18 and up or mythic raids, there are mechanics that are unavoidable which one shot the pet.

Its really isn’t a case of not healing the pet or pulling it back because that’s really easy to do, rather it’s just a sudden one shot with no telegraphing.

Throw in the frustration of pet pathing mechanics (eg. mythic carapace) and it does make me shake my head

This is what I’d want them to fix first since that’s the covenant I’m choosing.

3 Likes

Survival is literally unviable in raids and mm/bm was unviable for pretty much the entirety of bfa in pvp.

Survival was perfectly viable for raids it’s just that lol it’s a melee hunter spec when there were tons of other melee out there so when people see hunter they expect ranged. Survival had tons of damage to put out especially in 8.2 .

Bm was perfectly viable for pvp because it was always mobile and only had to stack right right stats on top of No Dr from intimidate into trap. Majority of the people though crit would work but it’s value is lower than mastery, haste, and versatility in pvp.

Mm was unviable for pvp because of how hard it got punished for moving on top of a lack of base line cc and no finishing power.

1 Like

Idk what your definition of viable is but a melee with bad or no raid utility will never be viable or desirable as long as melee with actual raid utility like war or dh exist. This is especially the case if the class has a ranged dps spec aswell because ranged dps dont need raid utility to have a raidspot. Feral and survival both suck and will never see any kind of play unless their dps is insane. But even then survival was the highest dps spec in uldir and CoS and still saw 0 play. Now u can still push for curve or cutting edge with a bad spec like survival but u wont be able to push any kinds of ranks or join a good guild while playing survival because the spec sucks in raids.

Why does literally nobody play bm at high rating then if its viable

1 Like