Its not that hard to gear bro

just cap ur conq every week get ur daily bg win out the way and get your torghast out the way the same day servers reset and ur fully geared in 2 weeks of gameplay. The only hard part is farming 100k honor to upgrade all your gear.

18 Likes

lol…you just liked your own post with a bunch of alts.

21 Likes

it really isnt you just gotta play the game

Reported for trolling.

13 Likes

You forgot a couple things:

Get into a rated group.

Wait for hours for said group to form.

Play meta class or get ignored.

Lose to a bunch of teams doing carries

Get full set of conquest in 3 months.

30 Likes

i wish it showed how many hours played at 60 on folks armory.

1 Like

Can also create 2s spam group and just queue. The problem is to find people who don’t care. A lot of people get discouraged way too easily and leave. You have to go back and relist. We need 2s solo queue badly, because there is literally no social interaction in this anyway.

can just make ur own

if ur networking and trying to get new btags in ur downtime it isnt that hard to find people to play with. if u just 0 effort make an lfg then yea u will never find queues

every class in the game is good stop the cap

there arent really that many carries lets be real you fight like a carry team once every 10 games just because you fight glad players on their 5th alts does not mean its a carry.

u can cap and have every piece of gear in 1 day lol

1 Like

Sounds easy enough.

Except, and stop me if you’ve heard this one.

I tried for days and days to get into groups on my main MM hunter after getting 7/7 honor gear and 22% vers

Eventually, a player just stops trying. Players want to play. Not sit in a major city for hours, hoping to get into a group.

So it was random bgs for me until i got tired of the gear discrepancy and just rolled an alt.

Maybe people didn’t see me posting in chat in between all the
Lines of boosters

21 Likes

S tier advice

The “play meta class” part only applies until after 1600 is achieved. After 1600 the meta thing is real. But until then, no. Just swap specs until you get gear, and then swap back. It’s not hard.

Getting good gear isn’t hard, just hit SoD and every single dungeons every week.

PvE is the best way to get gear.

if you’re not being carried you easily have a 50-150 hour grind depending on how good you are at arena, with a bunch of it being pve stuff for borrowed power

you’ll have a super tough time getting good groups in pvp or pve for quite a while - almost everyone talking about shorter times is getting carried to varying degrees (not paid, just they have strong networks of current players to team up with for the fastest gear and borrowed power paths)

this all assumes you have an incredibly high tolerance for repetition as you grind the same stuff nonstop to speed it all up - most people have to slow down because they start hating the game and need to mix it up a bit or break away from the sheer monotony/tedium/boredom of some of the required grinds

a TON of your time can easily be lost spent in groups that are constantly juggling members or breaking up and need to be reformed

this grind is the highest time required to competitively play pvp in the history of wow except maybe in classic but in classic you at least got solid gear while in slands unless you have high rating you are stuck with crap gear FOREVER

there is a good reason participation is so low

12 Likes

PvE gear is trash for PvP lmao. What are you talking about? Almost every single piece of PvE gear has very low versatility stat, which is most important. It’s secondary to main stat in fact. So no. PvE gear is NOT the way to go. It can fill in 1 or 2 pieces here and there on SOME specs at most. That’s it. Don’t even get me started on the trinket bonus…

1 Like

I’ll agree that getting conquest gear is fast if you do rated. But to even do rated you need a full set of honor gear (otherwise you are just a carry who is not helping at all).

The amount of honor required to buy and upgrade a full set is 89k which is way too much. Honor gear is starter gear which is quickly replaced, so the price needs to be reduced.

Blizz is reducing the price by 25% in 9.1.5 but its still way too much. It needs to be reduced by 66% to get closer to the 27k total of WoD

is it just me or is farming conduits the least pleasant part of gearing a new alt? gotta get them from 100 different aspects of the game and then farm korthia for the 1 per day upgrade

7 Likes

Or run a + 10 and get the 226 conduit.

How did I get 1800 on my DK in full PvE gear?

1 Like

What exactly was the point of this post? lol 95% of the people who frequent BG forums are casual random BG players–even if they grinded full 229 honor gear they’re still gonna get hard stomped in random BGs by rated players. Who could blame them for not wanting to bother investing time and energy into being cannon fodder?

8 Likes

First you get all the battleground gear while falling asleep and AFK/get lucky in some AFK wins until its 7/7 on each piece. Somehow I was able to get that battleground gear maxed out in a week while being busy irl. Next, you run that garbage battleground gear to arena where you obtain 1400 gear in 1 hour, because reaching 1400 is very easy and yet it increases your power tremendously. After that, you then take a non-trash player from LFG and add people to your battlenet until you have 1600 gear in a couple more hours. Wanna really take it further? Take that 1600 level gear, and you play yolo RBGs or 2v2/3v3 arena until 1800. After 1800 you will probably have to improve your actual skill to a sharp degree if you want to get the 2100 gear, which is not necessary and not that much better than the gear obtained at 1800 rating.

If you don’t want to stress out, stop at 1800 rating and keep your gear at that level. You won’t see much of a difference between it and the gear at 2100. You can get 1800 if you concentrate and add randoms from LFG until you find the right couple people to run with Communicate with them.

2 Likes

Exactly. Thank you.

There seems to be no point in trying to PvP this expansion as someone who isn’t a champion level rated player. All I get to look forward to is taking beatings.

Only way I’d agree to that is if there was a guarantee all the beating-givers would be female characters in black leather transmogs lols.

7 Likes