It's not just ferals

To my understanding, a lot of you are feeling frustrated with feral’s current state, as am I… at least in PVP… but you got to start looking at this in a different perspective, ferals are not the only class/spec that’s falling behind in the game, look at enhancement shamans and the poor maelstrom design for example… we all have questions about the choices they’re making.

Question their ability to execute improved class balance and design, not all these QQ posts about feral being garbage; it’s getting old and it’s not something they’re going to pay attention to; we all want better things for what we currently play… but right now this game is starting to lean toward “Bring the class, not the player” I’ve already had my fair share of dealing with the feral stigma and frankly I’m not having fun…

So come at them as a whole, not just someone from a class forum, they’ve already acknowledged that it’s easy for someone to want more power for themselves contesting against what another class can do better. (Can’t remember which community member posted this, will have to find it, been awhile)

There’s plenty of feral feedback the past couple and several months; It wouldn’t hurt to change your approach about the matter, and if you PvP or PvE… I’m seeing issues from both sides of those features, so please refer to which of these features are affecting you… seeing constructive posts but a lot of internal disagreements because of the confusion of these features. Please keep in mind that if you suggest something, make sure you take into regards of how it will affect that class in PvE and vice versa, we all want to have fun and be happy.

1 Like

With all respect, Feral’s issues have been a problem for not months, but years. We’ve given solid feedback on the current iteration of Feral for quite some time, of which a large portion has been based on how it plays, and more recently, the utility it brings.

Overall power is just an adjustment that can be easily tweaked in a tuning patch. Feral’s issues are much, much more concerning.

Saying that, this issue is not just isolated into the Feral design, but problems within several specs that had suffered from the transition away from the artifact.

Please be aware that power gains =/= quality of life, utility, and general gameplay design.

4 Likes

The Druid class forum is a great place for finding people with personal experience of the Feral spec and it’s current issues - not sure this is the best place to go looking for people with in depth knowledge of Enhance Shaman problems!

Myself for example, can happily chip in my 2c on how bloodtalons feels in a kitty rotation… but i wouldn’t know what maelstrom was if it bit me on my furry behind :smile_cat:

I think all of us can agree that a lot of blizzard’s balance issues stem from their trying to maintain two almost separate games using the same characters.

1 Like

I have seen quite a few suggestions that affect only pvp.

They do have the ability to do separate changes. Right now all we need as feral is a damage buff to rip.

A nice bonus would be some shifting gcd reduction

1 Like

Agree. This class still feels as if it’s built around a bleed em up and run playstyle. When that style was viable I was ok with being so squishy. But now our bleeds are so weak that we can’t throw out bleeds and kite. Buffing RIP damage would solve most of my pvp complaints.

I don’t really pvp, but this makes a lot of sense (from my admittedly limited Feral experience so far)

Basically what this guy said. For higher-end content Feral is not desired as much as some other classes and so they are usually passed over. Now I’m not asking for Blizzard to homogenize everything because they have done enough of that already. But some new unique ways to give Feral a leg up against the competition would be excellent.

When I think of things like a rogue’s Shroud of Concealment or a Moonkin’s Force of Nature talent then I think well hey, that’s cool. So what unique thing does Feral have? Battle rez? Hmm no DK’s have it, Shamans have ankh, Locks have soulstone, and the other Druid specs have that. But wait, we have Stampeding Roar! We can make ourselves and everyone nearby move faster for 8 seconds!

A lot of PvP balancing really needs to happen. Ferals, Enh, Aff locks, and a few others I am sure I am forgetting aren’t in the greatest of places and really with a few pvp only number tweaks could be viable for rated play. Just doesn’t seem like Blizz is being very receptive this xpac.

Guardians have that too.
What if Ferals got Leader of the Pack back as a baseline thing? Would that make them desired in M+?

It should be. LotP was a feral staple since BC. I have no idea why its a PvP only talent.

In my opinion a lot of Feral’s (as well as Guardian’s) problems started to show when they split the spec in two back in MoP.

1 Like

Agreed! Lotp should be baseline for Feral/Guardian and Motw should be baseline for all.

2 Likes

TBH a lot of the Feral/Guardian issues could be solved (and other classes for that matter) if the “PVP Only” talents that are clearly designed for things other than PvP became regular talents.

3 Likes

Feral and Guardian were fine back in MoP. In fact, I would absolutely love it if they brought both of the spec designs from MoP back.

We really started running into problems once they started pruning all our abilities and giving a lot of them back as talents.