It's not fair to pay $15 a month for this

OK so I’ll admit I was one of those Classic haters when it first came out but I tried it for a few months so I quit Retail for those months but decided to come back because I needed a break from the crazy grind but enjoyed my time regardless. Throughout my experience and I’m sure everyone can agree, MONTHLY PAY FOR EACH VERSION OF THE GAME SHOULD BE HALF - $7.50.
My Reasons:

1. Retail patch updates should not be paid with Classic subscription. It’s pretty obvious.
  2. They are completely 2 different games and so far, they don’t have any crossovers.
  3. It’s kind of a scam to pay for a game when someone doesn’t play it at all.
  4. It would be beneficial for those who have a family that pay a monthly bill for their kids/wife/others. Also for multiboxers.
  5. Not everyone has a high income. For some people, $15 is a lot.
  6. Pretty sure there are more reasons for why there should be separate subscription fees.
27 Likes

If you can’t swing $15 a month for something, you have bigger problems than WoW.

130 Likes

What about the other 5 points I made? Can we have some constructive feedback please lol.

5 Likes

Even if they WERE separate, you do realize blizzard would spend that revenue however it wants. Hell, I am sure money made from like hearthstone ends up funding part of retail. It’s blizzard’s money. They get to choose where it goes. Not you.

20 Likes

Then those people should not be squandering that money on an MMO.

You feel scammed that you have to pay a sub to play WoW, that is publicly known to be a $15 a month subscription based game?

20 Likes

I don’t understand the complaints about the price. If people don’t value something at a price…don’t pay it. I personally get WAY more entertainment from 4 months of WoW than I usually ever get from a new $60 game.

17 Likes

Also for the people criticizing the $15 month a month too expensive thing, there could be a high school student out there and most high schoolers don’t have a lot of money… so… there you go.

3 Likes

You are paying your World of Warcraft sub

It doesn’t matter which version you play

we’re lucky it’s included in the main sub with how greedy this industry has gotten

17 Likes
  1. Classic doesn’t pay for Retail. Retail doesn’t pay for Classic. You subscribe to World of Warcraft and get access to both versions.

2. They are not supposed to. The separation is the distinction.

3. Not sure if you are trying to justify “paying” for retail when you only play Classic, but see my response to 1.

4. You are paying for a service, don’t try to use your kids / spouse / whatever to try and weasel out of paying for said service.

5. If you can’t afford the $15 a month for WoW, you probably can’t afford a decent PC to run it, or internet to play it either. $15 a month for limitless access to a massive game world is the best deal out there other than free. You can also pay for WoW with gold.

6. No. No no no, no; No.

24 Likes

For 15 years the subscription price has been $15 to access a single version of the game, now it’s $15 to access two versions of the game. That’s a steal! Cheapest form of entertainment available these days. If that’s too much, perhaps folks should consider other avenues of entertainment, or reevaluate some life choices.

18 Likes

Been perpetually subbed since I was like 12 (23 now). $15 still isn’t anything considering teenagers don’t have bills to pay. Oh man I mow a lawn every other week or whatever and there goes my sub for the month.

No gaming publisher should ever account for the absolute lowest common denominator for prices anyway.

2 Likes

What happened to “We’ll pay ANY price to play Legacy servers!!!”?

Fifteen years ago, you were paying a sub of $15. Today you’re still paying a sub of $15. Considering how other services and entertainments have gone up, it’s a good deal.

10 Likes

I thought this was going to be about how we should be refunded a month of game time due to how broken 8.3 is.

Or since they are separate games, how about paying $15 each or both for $25? If you feel the price is too high, don’t pay it! The fifty cents a day is the cheapest entertainment I’ve found.

3 Likes

Thanks for your input… you are obviously NOT :roll_eyes: not trolling. I won’t :roll_eyes: report this as trolling.

Wow has always been $15. They add classic and you expect them to cut our subscription in half? By your logic they could have had separate subscriptions both costing $15.

I think WoW is worth $15. If I didn’t I wouldn’t pay it. You have that option.

6 Likes

Why does my $15 have to pay to maintain Classic servers when I don’t play them?

Also – WoW, even when ‘Classic’ WAS ‘Retail’, was $15/month. You’re paying no more now to play that old content than you did then when it was new.

Try again.

Also, just a recommendation. Use your ‘free’ Retail versions to pay for your subscription with gold (tokens). There’s tons of guides on how to make money on the AH w/o actually farming, so it’s an option. Then you’ll spend $0/month.

6 Likes

Mow a few lawns, shovel some snow for 5 bucks a house. 3 houses, sub fee paid… Or, get a job on weekends. Couple days or work, paycheck is enough to pay the sub fee.

3 Likes

The market decides the price, clearly there are enough people interested in paying 15$ a month for this game for this to be a viable business model. Price has nothing to do with quality of the service.

Personally, I’ve been paying with gold since WoD.

2 Likes

meh, it’s fifteen bucks. No big deal. And I live on disability.

7 Likes