Its not fair horde get to gear off ally backs with mercenary

So what is the point of having ally vs horde if the few benefits ally have are no longer relevant from letting horde queue for ally side to farm gear at the start of the expansion? Please, Blizzard, remove mercenary mode or diminish heavily the amount of honor horde get. They already outnumber allies by almost 35% across all realms. This is silly and asinine that I can play my horde character and temporary milk ally queues.

5 Likes

Mercenary has been nothing but a detriment to the alliance really. Further bringing down the w rate. Horde players only queue to farm honor fighting in middle. Most don’t care to win the BG.

At this point casual bg pvp in WoW is largely pointless.

6 Likes

It’s funny to see ally complaining about Merc mode when it was added to the game because of them

16 Likes

Remove warmode bonus for Alliance.

8 Likes

It was added to the game because of horde, not alliance. It’s horde who need smaller queue times which merc is meant to fix.

10 Likes

But when it was added (WoD) horde had short queues, and Alliance was the overpopulated faction.

12 Likes

It was added in WoD

When alliance were raging over the fact their ques were too long

10 Likes

Really, let them remove it then. Then you’ll see what happens.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, was made for Alliance during WoD. Though since it’s implementation, Horde does use it more often, was originally designed for Alliance during their few rare stints out numbering hordeand had 15-45min queues.

2 Likes

That is the alliance attitude in a nutshell

'We don’t benefit from it anymore, so remove it!"

When warmode starts benefitting horde I’m sure you’ll want that removed as well

12 Likes

It was added to the game because the Horde were complaining about their queue times…

No. This was never added for the alliance. This was a mode added to balance pvp queues. Before CRZ was so widespread it was easy to have a lopsided battle group.

Now that everything is mishmashed together it’s heavily favoring horde.

Either nuke it or make it available to both sides without restriction, IMO.

Alright that’s fair enough. Back in WoD I only did arenas.

When it’s directly detrimental to our gameplay why wouldn’t we want it removed?

Did you not play in WoD at all?

I remember multiple hour long ques for ashran while playing alliance as horde were enjoying super quick ones

5 Likes

Let’s get out of the semantics and agree that it’s not fair for the dominat pvp faction (horde or alliance) to get all the benefits of being dominant and none of the weaknesses.

You play on the overpopulated side? enjoy your queue, it would help get people to transfer

3 Likes

Do hordies compete in olympic crying ?

Ashran was a joke and alliance knew it, thats why we werent queening for it. It’s also why they reinvented that type of bg and turned it into warfronts, cause it was that bad.

1 Like

Just as much as the Alliance do.

1 Like

If they are farming honor then nothing give honor as fast as winning.

1 Like

Coming from an alliance in a thread complaining about the horde.

The irony

2 Likes