It's not a balance issue

I mean there definitely are balance issues, but I don’t think that the real problem.

The real problem is the community. People are completely fine with shamelessly rerolling to whatever is the most OP and pretending to be good, and then pretending like that isn’t an incredibly pathetic approach that isn’t just bad for everything. Its exacerbated by the fact that the game is so trivialized in terms of leveling and gearing; you can have the new flavor-of-the-patch leveled and geared in a week or less. And that’s how we end up where we’re at right now, where in a 12 class 36 spec game, 60% or more of regular battlegrounds are consistently MM hunter + affliction lock, and affliction lock is in ~80% of my arenas. There are always going to be over-tuned things, but that’s not what makes this PvP boring not worthwhile, it’s just this lame and shameless meta-crutch mentality enabled by easy alt production :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

It’s a balance issue. If your play rated bgs you will instantly tell it’s a balance issue. Try for 1600 or 1800. How many non bear tanks you are? Or WW. Teams just load up on locks and hunters

The problem is that the balance issue is intentional. That way lots of players will have to keep rerolling when their spec becomes unproductive. Players who reroll after hard nerfs are playing the game exactly as intended.

What’s more realistic, fixing numbers on an OP spec or changing the players mindset lol?

Pretty sure fixing the op stuff is super important however it’s not that simple majority of the time since pvp isn’t their priority and they want to balance for pve damage.

I don’t think it’s easy, but it’s even more unrealistic to expect players who want an advantage to change their mindset.

you guys gotta remember they fired a lot of thier devs or they left to work with mike morheim on dreamhaven stuff. the last pvp dev quit in s2. they didnt even bother to fix seething shores in rbgs they just pulled it from rotation lawls. the train is off the tracks in SL and they just abandon it and wait to start something totally insane for DF.
you gotta remember these guys are still learning how not to drink and harass people at work let alone fix pvp issues. Microsoft take over may begin sometime and devs might get rehired to do some work on pvp but in the meantime …like ozzy osbourne said…“crazy train”…all aboard. this bad boy is off the tracks right now

It’s always been a balance issue, but usually it’s a low skill floor vs. high skill ceiling as the vast majority of players don’t play anywhere near the skill ceilings of their class.

Are Warlocks and Hunters broken? No, surprisingly. At the high end, there’s no S Tier Ranged DPS classes ATM in PvP right now and balance is surprisingly good.

What makes Warlocks and Hunters seem broken is the skill floor. Any bunga bunga can push Camo + DBL Tap + Aimed Shot and hit someone for 60% of their life. Any Warlock can push like 3 buttons and melt an entire 3s team… and most people can ride the skill floor of those classes to a reasonable rating.

Hell, I play Fury in PvP… easily a top tier spec. I strapped on a bunch of Mythic+ gear, stepped foot into rated PvP for the first time in my life yesterday and let my class carry me to 1200 with a winning record. I main Prot FFS and barely grasp how to play Fury in PvE much less PvP, yet I still have a winning 2s record with random, undergeared partners while clad in Mythic+ tanking gear with 2 Honor Swords and 2 PVP trinkets.

It’s a top tier spec not because of the skill ceiling, but because how relatively easy it is to play - thus low skill players get higher with it than they probably should.

1 Like

There’s a definitely a balancing issue. And it starts with all of the stupid systems blizzard demands in the game. You can’t juggle that many modifiers and maintain balance. Too many variables when you’re hiring cheap devs fresh out of school.

System stacking
So much focus on burst
Insane amount of CC all over the place
Gear discrepancies(reinstate the WoD system EXACTLY like it was then)

These things combined together make one giant mess that no one could ever balance.

1 Like