It's National Cat Day!

My cat just threw up on my back welcome mat so that was fun…

1 Like

Get to work, human

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/650095149078151203/1008304936821473330/Snapchat-1088681714.jpg

2 Likes

I hope he’s chirping. I love when they chirp

1 Like

He doesn’t really chirp, he kinda just stares at them most of the time (and if he’s outside, he runs at them in a straight line).

No idea how he mostly just fended for himself when he was a kitten, he’s got more whiskers than braincells.

3 Likes

:smiley_cat:

Imgur

1 Like

Feral, they have gone back to a cats natural lifestyle. Opps should have been a quoted thing about roaming city cats but oopsie.

In Alberta and it can get pretty cold in the winter, I keep a cat house with a warmer mat for the feral’s or even just the ones with tags that people let out to roam at night. Those people should get a fine.

1 Like

Cats are basically like us with temps. Anything 35 and below is getting into dangerous territory. Mid 40’s and above they should be fine. While risky, I always liked cat owners who let their cats be cats outdoors.

Yes that is awful. My cats have “sorta” been outside cats. We had a nice backyard to let them out which had a really high fence and they’d hide in the bushes and chase bugs or watch birds. My current princess had DOOR SERVICE where we would let her in/out with meows.

I moved though into colder weather and only let her out with me watching for short times in the summer now

My favorite cat is Katgar.

Not sure how it works out but -30c google claims is -22f. To cold for a indoor kitty to go walking around.
Best I can say is that my cat Tarot has been a indoor guy and me his can opener for 10 years, he would not do well.
Best part, he has realized that his can opener has value and started sleeping with me until I move about to much.

2 Likes

Way too cold. And even me in Chicago which rarely ever gets that low, I see the kitties outside struggle. They run away though so it’s impossible to help them on those cold nights aside from leaving food

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes

“I have that one, in my DvD Collection. I can watch it any time I want.”
/happy grin

1 Like

At that temp they’d be especially vulnerable to frostbite and hypothermia. Good thing is cats are pretty clever, and socialized cats have an advantage to survive outside. I have a group of feral’s where I work, and they survive right through a NY winter, which can get pretty cold, at least as much as 20 below freezing.

Out.

/10char

I’m a druid, I’m my own favorite WoW cat.

1 Like