It's my birthday today and

All I want for my birthday is to have AV fixed.

You’ve been doing a great job of fixing issues lately. Good improvements to how BL works, to bring it more in line with a true vanilla experience. Tackling queues so that people can actually play the game on some servers.

The only thing I could ask for is that you fix AV next. I’ll even make it my birthday wish!

3 Likes

What’s wrong with AV?

C’mon man, not on my birthday

2 Likes

Well if you’re gonna avoid the question I’m going to assume nothing is wrong with AV and your issue is really just a personal problem.

Happy Birthday :candle: :cake: :candle:

Hit level 51 on an alliance character and try AV out :slight_smile:

The map is broken on AV, you know this, we all know this.

Whichever side starts in the southern half will win 95-99% of the time; it just happens to be horde.

Fixing AV is the single most important thing that Blizzard needs to do for classic PVP. The WSG changes were nice, but AV is way more urgent.

1 Like

I don’t know this, which is why I was asking…

Something is really wrong with AV. I play horde, but I can’t imagine having one of the best battlegrounds being such an awful experience 99% of the time.

I hope Blizzard can figure out what is going on here, and find a way so that 50% of the player base can start enjoying this battleground that is a definitive part of the classic experience.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll explain. I’ve played thousands of AVs since it dropped:

The biggest map issue is the horde cave location because 1) it grants horde initiative to decide early game strategy (since horde arrives at the north half of the map when the alliance passes IWB), and 2) it grants far too rapid reinforcements to the defense of IB GY.

Those 2 issues combined with the long 1-2 hour horde queues have created a “horde meta” of taking SF GY while squashing the alliance at SH GY and creating a choke at IWB to go for a 30 minute min-max win with 5940 honor. This is because the alliance can’t actually successfully take and hold IB GY against the quick waves of cave reinforcements. Even 30 alliance at IB GY can be overcome by a defense of 15-20 horde rapidly rushing from cave to IB GY.

So once the alliance splits their team up to try and take IB GY, they lose SH GY and then horde cleans up whatever alliance has at IB GY. There’s no workable offensive strategy there.

This has led to alliance rankers to completely abandon AV (thus exacerbating the balance issues) and leaving whatever remains of level 51-60 alliance just seeking AV rep. Thus the alliance strategy has become to completely turtle at SH GY for as long as possible (even up to 2-3 hours in length if they can hold) and glitch the druids for infinite rep turn ins.

All of this is why horde is winning AV roughly 95-99% of the time. There are 2 possible fixes: 1) move the horde cave south around 100 yards (to match the alliance cave starting location). This is the most thorough fix and would break the current meta.

1. If changing the map to that extent isn’t possible, then the best alternative fix is to just make it so that neither team can resurrect at the cave if they control any graveyards on the field. Thus horde would have to defend IB GY from FW GY. This isn’t as good of a fix because horde still controls all the early game initiative and I’d imagine horde still wins 75+% of the matches. At least alliance would be much better position to take and hold IB GY in this kind of fix but it would not fully rebalance AV.
2 Likes

Hey thanks for clarifying that for me, I really appreciate it.