It's kind of sad

Seeing all the fan-amassing twitch streamers on NW, FF14, etc, with WoW emotes… A powerfully saddening reminder that we still don’t have belf druids :sob: Just wait for Azeroth to be engulfed by shadow magic again, you’ll call crawling back for Wrathion to solo N’zoth 2.0

and thank god for that.

6 Likes

:angry: :anger: you offend us with such blasphemy on behalf of all Druid of the Fins :dolphin: who could protest another :dog: ?! rofl

1 Like

what

4 Likes

Blood elves are already bad enough

Druid blood elves would cause the game to crash with how toxic they’d be

2 Likes

I totally agree, it is nothing short of a travesty!

I mean…

Canonically speaking, most… if not all races that can be druids are in contact with either a Wild God or a Loa, Kul Tirans being the exception, but they are being taught by the last Drust, in theory.

Blood elves don’t have any connection with a powerful entity of nature like this to justify them having druids.

They are associated with Arcane, fel, and now Light magicks respectively. That’s kinda their schtick… and I kinda think it should stay that way :0

Not saying you couldn’t RP as one that learned from Tauren or something, that might actually be kinda cool… but it doesn’t make sense for their culture imo

what?

Blood elves, at least when they were high elves, absolutely had a strong connection to nature. There’s a questline in eversong woods where you have to kill a bunch of treants, and it’s treated as a tragedy. You kill one that has a necklace or something that the questgiver lady gave to him ages ago, and it’s all very sad.

It wouldn’t be a huge leap in lore logic to reestablish this connection.

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree.

As far as I can tell, those treants are not created or maintained through nature magic, but more likely the arcane magic permeating Quel’thalas.

To try not to be too long winded: the high elves that left Night Elf society did so because they wanted to continue using arcane magic, which was forbidden to night elves, and rejected the move to druidism and nature magic that Malfurion was leading them towards.

The societies split fundamentally because one went with druidism, and the other with their affinity for the Arcane.

I mean, I guess blizz could say “hey, there were a group of Thalassians that embraced both world views and has been maintaining the treants of Eversong ever since they arrived there.”

… but it’s a stretch, and muddies the waters further in the distinctions between different factions of elves in game, so I’d be against it, personally.

belf druid first sneaky :rofl:

This is what happens when Celebrate gets an education.

Types in larger words that still don’t make sense.

Get Orc Druids. They’d have cool Boar and wolf forms.