It's all the same thing

Trololol. Even in pvp, we all still use a rotation for optimal dps. I asked because if it is then I’m not seeing what buttons you use for your many utilities. That tells me you don’t use them or know how, which answers the question.

People care because you gain more resources for winning than losing.

My thing is APM. If I’m playing a high APM class, such as a dot class and I have to keep my dots up to do well in even a random bg, I’m going to care more about winning or losing. So on my mains, which are shadow priests, I care a bit more and rarely lose. But on this toon, or any of my melee characters, I care a whole lot less. I care less about damage in general, and just kind of mess around.

Anddd wrong. Of course a 1500 player, who only does random BGs would say something this asinine. There’s a spell priority, but not specific rotation in any rated PVP. Everything is 100% situational. So before trying to shame someone, make sure you have some sort of PVP experience other than random BGs before making a dumb opinion. What I do as a shadow priest in an RBG all depends on the comp I’m playing as well as what I’m playing against. Some comps require more utility out of me than damage. There’s a general priority, ie: keeping dots up, but there’s 0 set rotation in 99% of PVP situations. You react to other players a certain way. It’s not PVE where you know the fight, and your only goal is DPS. Everything changes constantly in a pvp environment.

This rated? Or randoms? Pretty sure it’s randoms, confident I don’t need rating to be good in randoms.

And are you really going to argue with me about semantics? You call it spell priority, I call it rotation. It’s why the OP isn’t going to be just spamming Lightning Bolt to dps or why you wouldn’t spam Mind Flay…

I think I need to be clear because you are obviously that dense. There is a spell priority/rotation you use to optimally put out the hurt when it is time to kill. For single target, for cleaving and aoe. If you need to do other things than just kill, that means it’s not the time to be all in killing…but when it is time…we all use a spell priority/rotation to do optimal dps.

I already acknowledged then, and just now, the need to break a dps rotation (dps spell priority) to use utilities depending on the situation to help your team win games. It doesn’t look like that is part of the OP’s 1,2,3,4, which only hinders a team when you don’t use or don’t know how to use your other toolsets. That then should answer the question of why many don’t have fun, rage and/or desert.

Maybe try be less of a dense SJW and L2 read and comprehend.