Iteration on talent tree is done (Dragonflight discussion)

Iteration to the talent tree for each class and spec is coming to a close with todays announcement from a game developer. On the beta forum blizzard tracker.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-class-design-progress/1346916

1 Like

My opinion on this is…
I am very disappointed, many classes still need urgent fixing and it seems that they pay less attention to something so important in WoW which is the gameplay of the classes through their talent trees…
I didn’t expect that with all the feedback provided, many classes would have more and less than others, not to mention the lack of communication from many devs with their players…
Anyway, I guess we’ll just have to make do

4 Likes

Oh well, they’ll tune some in prepatch and some the first month of DF. I can’t say I’m surprised, just disappointed.

1 Like

Arms and Fury AoE are still in an odd place.

I think they tried to pile in to many ideas and didn’t have any direct plan.

1 Like

They DO say in the post that they expect to be making additional changes throughout the expansion, so any remaining issues will be fixed eventually. Realistically they have to stop somewhere, otherwise they’ll never get Dragonflight released.

1 Like

Sure, it’s understandable that they should stop at one point. But it’s very difficult to take into account when several classes… had no changes for 2 months (Druid and Priest), in addition to others that had minimal changes or the changes made them worse instead of better, etc.
Also, that’s the bad thing when they want to release a new expansion with a system that is much more impactful and important in Wow (which even differs from SL), which are the class trees, where more time and importance is required because It is something that will greatly influence the game (as well as the gameplay in the classes).
At least I wish the devs had interacted with the players with something like:
“Devs: What do players think about your new talent tree?” or “Devs: What changes do you propose? I’ll be reading them”

At least they would have given the confidence that we were heard, instead of this (at least not everything is dark, but still I feel that they did not dedicate enough time to it or they lack a lot of time to release something old)

2 Likes

After the recent Balance update, I’m pretty content.

General tree on another hand still needs adjustments.