It is true that 2004 > 2020

I think it is pretty easy to see that all in all the year 2004 was simply a better time for everything, including World of Warcraft. I had a little bit of fun with the “classic” experience but it was extremely fleeting. This game has really brought out the worst in people, and it is kind of depressing to see all the negativity in game combined with all the negativity out of game.

Everyone is truly concerned with all the wrong things at this point. I have about 15 days left and I will probably enjoy my little cow druid until then but the frustrations of not being able to find a legit SM group on my rogue for months due to the boost spamming is just annoying to say the least.

Blizzard you don’t seem like you plan to fix anything. Hopefully one day you will let us play one of your better expansions that built upon the game instead of constantly taking things away (see retail). Classic is a cesspool unlike anything I have ever experienced. I don’t know why everyone wants TBC, I would pretty much take any other expansion before that one.

Oh well. I guess at least there are still other games to go back and play but as far as MMOs go I would rather be playing Ragnarok or pretty much anything else.

Thank you for trying though, honestly I think it is more the player base fault but I guess what else can you expect when a company wants to please everyone and make as much money as possible. Perhaps I can at least have original goblin models back? Honestly I wish I could play retail with the old graphics, it would be more enjoyable then either version right now.

Good luck in Naxx to everyone who continues!

6 Likes

Any year is better than 2020

21 Likes

If A is any 2020+ year
and N any 2019- year
then N>A at all values.

1 Like

In 2004 my footy team won the wooden spoon (finished last)
In 2020 we have 2 recent premierships and are 4th on the ladder.
(This is the Australian Football league)
So I’m saying 2020 is better

This entire decade is going to be awful.

2 Likes

2020 has been a good year for me and I’ll defend that to my dying breath

1 Like

Says Satan :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Coronavirus, is that you?

4 Likes

You can’t expect people to act the same in these different situations:
My 1st year playing a new game.
My 16th year playing the same old game.

No player is the same person 16 years later. So it does not matter whether the game rules are the same. The players are very different.

Don’t blame Blizzard. Blizzard has NO WAY to turn hundreds of thousands of people into “the people they were 15 years ago”.

2 Likes

Well what would you expect from a warlock?

everyone was a lot younger and enjoying life, so yeah… 2004 > 2020

Cool, what happened that made it good? My son Kaelen was born on December 30th, and despite how hard this year has been I’d still call it a good one for me. I feel pretty fortunate.

1 Like

It’s not the game. It’s the players.

Humanity in general has become infinitely more toxic.

4 Likes

2004 brought us Justice League Unlimited, The Venture Bros., Samurai Champloo, Monster.

2020 gave us corona.

No country for old men.

2 Likes

This is actually true

2004 was a trash heap in so many ways. The political atmosphere was yikes and I went through a black depression.

But once upon a time I said 2004 was the worst year and then 2020 said “Hold my beer!”

Lol, what are you on about guy? The game is fun as ever. Go away.

Paid off a bunch of stuff. New people in my life, got rid of some old toxic people. Good stuff at work.

Grats on the kiddo!

Didnt read your post bc I’m not interested in your opinion. But I do want to comment.

Faster technology faster internet I’ll take 2020 over 2004

1 Like

2004 > 2020 for me because I was younger and had much less responsibility.