It is time to give the Alliance actual playable High Elves!

You could have the same with other races like blood elves.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/38/3/1632327185-efuglk-woaiy-sx.jpeg
:relaxed:

8 Likes

Pot calling kettle black.

No they won’t lol.

That is if they have sub races. Also high elves do not have many paladins in their ranks, with only 1 notable one being a trainer.

If you mention arator, he is a half elf.

3 Likes

I really wish that a rogue blizz staff will write a script to auto ban anyone who starts High Elf threads. If we’re gonno go with the censorship train then let’s censor the right things.

10 Likes

It’s to add other class / race combos.

Druid, shaman, paladin or DH, no matter.

3 Likes

Horde players: “You are not high elves !” :rofl:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t have been a problem if blizz didn’t give the horde an ally race back in TBC.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t make sense lorewise but if you want to waste a slot, sure, have at it.

They could also give them a class skin, making Riftblades for Void Elves and traditional Paladins for High Elves, as seen here;

There are also other concepts for other races.

I’d love to see both subrace systems and class skins in the future
:hugs:

13 Likes

This is so cool!

Don’t get me wrong I love my Void Elf but I wish the story didn’t go in a way that has Silvermoon exile them because of Void magic.

Getting a new void-themed hero class woulda been really neat, but having it on both factions would be touchy now as the Blood Elves are Horde. Having a reskin is an awesome alternative.

3 Likes

They can’t just reskin them to Void abilities, without major retcons. There is no Void equivalent of Divine Shield. There’s also the issue of them questing in Legion.

3 Likes

This is the next step that should be taken into account for the evolution of character creation.

4 Likes

Blood Elves could have their own too!

Keyboardturner was kind enough to make a concept for them too;

8 Likes

I haven’t seen the Shattered Sun tabard in ages Jesus Christ <333, I like the Sunblade more than Silver Hand, Silver Hand looked super human.

1 Like

Adding more playable races is pointless if there’s no one left to play them…

I love it, the crimson paladins should have been in since the warlock’s green fire came out

2 Likes

I wish Blizzard would just create a giant art intern program and let students do a bunch of passion projects for the game. Doing reskins, updating old zones, etc.

6 Likes

I mean… if high elf becomes a sub race, it will have less combos then void elves… as they won’t have warlocks. And no paladins isn’t a thing with them.

Alliance players also: you are not High Elves.

Riftblades feels more rogue/warrior then pally…

4 Likes

So, I know this isn’t truly what High Elf fans want, but you can install this RP addon:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/my-role-play

It lets you manually set the ‘role-play race’ of your character.

So if you’re playing a Void Elf (or a Blood Elf for that matter), you should be able to change the display of character race for yourself and anyone else with the add-on, to “High Elf”.

I’ve not used the add-on myself for like 5 or 6 years but I vaguely recalled you could do this in it so looked it up.

Ignore and carry on if not interested.

2 Likes

The Quel’dorei sub-race option “would allow” to add mainly the paladin class to the void elves.

We could have the same thing to add the druid class to the dwarves by choosing the wildhammer sub-race option.

It is a war that will never end.:weary:

3 Likes

But then we wouldn’t get the fascinating/disturbing art and theses people write to remind us just how much time and energy they sink into this idea.

1 Like