It has happened... Nature has claimed my heart

I never really thought this would happen, but I’ve perm switched mains to my druid. I love how fast we can move out in the open world, I find balance really fun, haven’t tried resto, and I’m in love with bear tanking. Kinda hit me today as I was tanking junkyard. Balance also seems to be really good in mythic+ with it’s utility and every time I’m in a dungeon my healer is a resto druid. It’s just a great all around class. I really loved it in dnd, my dm hated me, and I like it a lot here. So. Cheers!

9 Likes

This is similar to what’s happening to me.

I’ve been leveling this HMT druid ever since I was finally able to obtain the allied race (Thanks, rep bonus!). Surprisingly, I’ve quite enjoyed Guardian so far. Really like the druid fantasy and lore as well. I guess I’ll have to wait and see which of my toons I’ll feel like maining when SL comes around.

Running around as a feral, or just flying around as a magical owl, and even just fighting other players, I feel like a free creature playing druid. Favorite class by far.

Welcome to the master class. =)

Its super fun leveling, because you dont yet know how weak it is at top level.

Unless you are playing resto, that is.

Remember, being able to complete high level content does not mean the class/specs are well designed. Any class/spec can get carried by massive amounts of gear or other players.

There is fun factor, skill interactions, skill design, GCD issues, utility, etc. The list goes on for a while.

Play a Kitty, then play a rogue, you can see the huge difference in design passion, and how feral is very much an afterthought. (mind you. I dont want kitty to be like rogue, I want it to be seperated and more unique)

Play a Guardian, then play a warrior, paladin, monk tanks… You see they put very little effort into bear.

Play a balance, and then play any other caster dps… You will see that yet again… another druid spec is an afterthought that is slap-dashed together in an afternoon.

I agree, this girl is my original character and although I have one of every other class she is the one I have the most fun on…try resto you will love it!

I’ve never been crazy about kitty, I do love my BE rogue. But I have a warlock and shadow priest at high level and I enjoy balance still. I have a brewmaster, blood dk, and prot Warrior and I still love guardian. Classes wax and wane in power. Play what you like. Not just the flotm.

1 Like

Same here! I’ve mained a Hunter for 15 years and Druid has completely captivated me! So much so that I’ve considered maining him in Shadowlands. I love their class fantasy and their order hall and just…everything speaks to me!

2 Likes

[quote=“Aliâna-kirin-tor, post:1, topic:547395”]I really loved it in dnd, my dm hated me, and I like it a lot here. So. Cheers!
[/quote]

I really like my Druid in D&D as well. Moon druids are OP!

Yeah, I must agree with you that Guardian doesn’t seem quite as well designed as other tanking specs and is pretty weak atm. I do wish the spec was as strong as it apparently was prior to BFA and that Blizz would do more to improve it come SL. However, as a somewhat casual player, I don’t care too much for a spec’s overall viability unless it has fairly noticeable, game-breaking issues and usually focus on “fun factor.”

Of course, I won’t be able to fully judge Guardian until I reach max, gear up, and do a few raid and dungeon runs. We’ll see, but as of now I’m enjoying my druid quite a lot.

I just did the same as well. I’ve always liked healing, but def find Druid better for myself. Sucks not having a ranger interrupt but we have other things. Good to see another Durid convert

thank you. About our viability, yes druid tanking isn’t on top in mythic or raids, However, there are plenty of people who run 20+ keys as a bear and have downed mythic ny’alotha. So, is it the top? No. Can it do it? Yes. So, unless your cruising for world first…play what you like. You’ll be a better tank as guardian if you love it than you would as a monk in raids or warrior in mythics and hating it. just my opinion. Druids are an incredible imo. I find that the simple rotation allows for more awareness which leads to a better run.