It has come to my attention that Zezu has access to the dragonflight beta shaman feedback thread

Yes thats actually genius. I’ll try to ping you again on Monday just as a reminder.

Not sure it matters when I post it. The forums show you what’s new since you last read them. But since my other post is big and could have already been read, I could reiterate the water shield idea in its own post. Like I said earlier though, I would guess they will read this stuff here too anyway.

I posted it and added a suggestion that thunderstorm could become a choice node with unleash shield so it could be obtained in the regular shaman tree. Traveling storms pvp talent could be changed to add additional functionality if you select unleash shield.

Tbh getting the whirlpool would be awesome for enhance. That would give us an actual kill potential and combined with our static field totem that would make enhance a real threat. They just need to put water shield on the general tree.

LMT should be easier to get on right side of the tree. and not on last row.

LMT should be affected by flash of lightning like Call of the Elements is.

LMT should either do more damage or have a rework.

Rework idea. LMT applies/refreshes 6 flames on targets in a 10yd radius. Does no damage.

choice node prim fury and ancestral wolf affinity shouldn’t be on the tree.

Flow of Power should be baseline. Please

Swelling Maelstrom should be baseline. Please

2 point nodes in last phase of tree should be 1 point nodes.
(GS, EE, Rolling Magma, Echo Chamber, Oath of the Far Seer, Magma Chamber, and Searing Flames)

Ideas for the Nodes- GS 120% 1 point. EE 10% 1 point. Rolling Magma .3 at 1 point.
Echo Chamber 10% at a point. Oath of the Far Seer 10% at 1 point.
Magma Chamber .7% but is a (choice node) with Searing Flames 1 point with 2 maelstrom per tick.

Magma chamber into WSLR and SBFD is not great for single target.

Put Refreshing waters and Prim bond choice node where prim fury and ancestral wolf affinity choice node is.
Move up Lava Surge to where Refreshing waters and Prim bond choice node is.
move Call of fire where Lava Surge is on the tree.
Move up Flames of Cauldron where Call of fire is on the tree
Move echo of elements where flames of the cauldron is is on the tree
Move LMT and Prim Ele where echo of elements is on the tree

New Talent. Lava burst Bounces to up to 3 additional targets 10yrd radius (does not bounce if the target doesn’t have flame shock.)
Where Prim Ele/LMT is.

New Talent. Volcanic Inferno. (Legion) Lava Burst has a chance to open a volcanic fissure under your target, dealing (6 * (15% of Spell power)) Fire damage over 6 sec to all enemies within 3 yds of the target.
Where Searing Flames is.

A totem that absorbs some of the damage you take and can be placed far away seems like a fun and thematic way to solve this problem. Blizz are all about totems, and the trees also have like 6 nodes that affect totems. Could be a cool way to avoid damage in a stun. I don’t know how to properly make a spell, so I won’t try to specifically balance it here. but I do see this a a thematic answer to a community raised issue with multiple support nodes already interacting with it.

Could be like a voodoo totem of some kind :stuck_out_tongue: remember the aoe hex lol. but this could more reflect the effigy aspect of voodoo.

Thoughts?

Was there any evidence that unleash shield should work with both? If nothing else it should at least apply the last used shield, but having to spend a global to shuffle your shields is awkward.

I like the concept of the mana spring totem and wouldn’t mind keeping it, but agree it may be under-tuned. If water shield were added to the class tree, it might have to share a slot with earth shield (or just grant both with that talent) since it would be redundant with Resto (the 2 charge option doesn’t make sense here) and mana spring is much further down the line than they would otherwise get water shield.

Thunderstorm / earthgrab and/or earthgrab / unleash water shield would still options, albeit a slower, even if they are made mutually exclusive.

Though speaking of shield, I felt like Surging shields is a little underwhelming for 2 points that deep in the tree. It would have been interesting to see something similar to unleash shield there such as a 45s cooldown for:

• Lightning Shield: Link up to 2 nearby allies (preference for those with threat or proximity) with your lightning shield for 9 seconds. Damage, proc rate, and proc chance are doubled causing you to gain maelstrom weapon stacks when you or your allies are hit (builds about 6 stacks and useful for Elemental and Resto too for resources and cast time reduction).
  • Earth Shield: Consumes remaining charges to generate tremors in the area around your target having earth shield lasting 3 seconds per 4 charges causing enemies in the affected area to deal 20% less damage for the duration.
  • Water Shield: Immediately consume remaining charges to recover a fixed amount of mana