It’s time to remove weapon restrictions

I don’t think anyone has ever said “I’m really glad my shaman can’t use swords.” or whatever. It makes no sense that certain classes can’t use certain weapons. Is it really even part if the lore? If so, how? Like I can figure out how to swing an axe but not a sword? Is this even important and fun for anyone?

Posted in the arena forums because a good mog is a solid 100 mmr.

2 Likes

Let’s just all be grey blobs with the same three abilities and one mog

4 Likes

I mean blizzard has already been moving this direction, they killed class specific sets a long time ago. Is mogging a different weapon really going to change that much?

1 Like

Class identity should remain to some extent. Would be pretty weird seeing a mage using a giant two handed axe or something

9 Likes

My Priest gonna look funny AF Divine Ascentioning away from zug zug melee while wearing a suit of armor, but I’m all for removing restrictions.

1 Like

I’d be happy with the option to have Illusions over power certain Weapon’s “natural” glows, or to be even usuable on certain weapons.

I love having Anathema, but wish I could add illusions to it.
(same with my rogue’s Mage tower daggers)

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I wasn’t thinking about stuff like casters using a 2h axe, more so along the lines of logical weapon restrictions being removed like paladins not knowing how to use fist weapons. Weapons that drop with usable stats on that class. Agree it would be weird to remove every restriction.

1 Like

Is my mog good :3

By the grace of the Lady and the country of ever-fair Bretonnia my sword represents nobility and I SHALL HAVE NOTHING ELSE.

2 Likes

laughs in warrior

i might go mog a staff out of spite

4 Likes

bretonnia is basically a bad version of france that, much akin to real france, exists to be saved by the wood elves of athel lorenstan

edit i’d go teron gorefiend with a dk staff tho

2 Likes

I mostly agree, but it’s obvious that mages can’t really carry two-handed swords while casting arcanosphere.

Bretonnia is right and true, fair and just. THOSE WHO DISAGREE SHALL FACE THE CHARGING CAVALRY ON CRUSADE, HEATHEN.

Blood for the blood god

2 Likes

I fully support this. But you need to pitch it to the devs in their language.

“As a woman, I feel oppressed that I can’t wear X as an X.”

That might do the trick.

4 Likes

I identify as a potatoe so when I am polymorphed I have an identity crisis and am offended

Remove polymorph

3 Likes

Honestly forcing people against their will without EVEN A COOLDOWN is absolutely disgusting behavior and should not be tolerated for even one more SECOND in this society.

#REMOVEPOLYMORPH
#EQUALITY
#MOREEQUALTHANOTHERS

4 Likes

Why is no one telling me if my mog is cute yet???

1 Like

Meh its alright

1 Like

swole for the swole throne

1 Like