Issues with gear after the item level revamp of Dragonflight pre patch

Not even close. Just go back to Goldshire.

Man, I hope you’re not right.

Hey look, a 3 post character (all of which are on this topic) who bumped an otherwise dead topic

1 Like

Bumping for visibility. Majority of these problems are still unfixed and Blizzard has given no word.

3 Likes

My lack of posting doesn’t make this entire thread about a lack of mitigation no matter how much you want it to. Also, the topic isn’t dead since others are bumping as well and the issue is still unresolved.

I’m bumping this as well because it’s still a problem. I’m working on alts today, all of which were 40-50 before the prepatch, and they’re now woefully undergeared and being obliterated by quest content at their level. Freehold on my moonkin, even after grabbing some heirlooms that scaled up, was basically impossible. It’s really disheartening because I love my alts and want to level them, but it’s such a frustrating slog unless they were created after prepatch now. :C

5 Likes

Great post Pat, we need to holler until they do something, or not and we can finally all see the light and leave. They broke this two years ago, and never acknowledged it AFAIK…and then doubled down and broke the rest.

It is time Blizzard came to the m1c and explained themselves and wither fix it or not, so we can all decided what we are going to do with our money and time.

1 Like

This reminds me of what it looks like when the only person that had the plan and knew how to do this gets let go. Oops.

Just dropping in to say that Touch of the Void is still bugged as of the most recent patch. My darling tentacles only hit for 1 damage at a time, and it’s a crying shame.

1 Like

Ty op I hope there is a answer.
I too experience this on alt 50 rogue who during bfa was all in 445 ilvl gear which was squished to item level 100, however his gloves were ilvl 35 and weapons even lower, didn’t notice and went into shadowlands and got owned by a butterfly in bastion.

3 Likes

I really wish this would get fixed please

2 Likes

Really discouraging.

1 Like

Please fix this

1 Like

I was excited to see a fix to some crafting items (using relics) and Legion Leggos.

On the other hand, rumors are, that the new kids can get updated versions of things like Shadowmorne and Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest, while the veterans are stuck with the broken ones, and I’m over here like WTF.

1 Like

FIIIIIIIX IIIIIIT. Come ON

2 Likes

So, I’m starting to think the developers are just doing a tiny fraction of the playerbase dirty.

In patch 10.0.5, for some reason the old Warlord of Draenor legendary ring, Thorasus (the one noone cares about), and Legion Legendaries (including the ones that SELL for lots of gold for the mage tower) WERE restored to the new ilvls, but any other previously obtained legendaries, like Shadowmorne, Thunderfury, Dragonwrath, Twinblades are still at their pre-ilvl spread old ilvls.

But… you can reroll a NEW toon to reobtain these items at their NEW ilvl instead of being retroactively upgraded like the Legion leggos and WoD ring. It makes no sense they would retroactively fix a small fraction of these but leave the veteran players old outdated broken versions? I don’t remember there ever being this much trouble when they did the initial level squishes to begin with.

Patch 10.0.5 Known Issues and Information – Updated February 15 - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

After MONTHS, the legendary issue is FINALLY a known issue.

But… what about non-legendries that dropped prior to prepatch? Kinda snakey your left to refarm items you already own, even though they are the EXACT same item, and items that you may have gotten yesterday may be restored to correct ilvls, but since it was yesterday when you got it, it is still garbo (there are still items like that).

1 Like

just wanna know if blizz intends to rescale all previously aquired items (not just leggos) or if they WANT us to re-aquire them.

i don’t wanna go through the trouble if they’re gonna fix it. but i’d like to know soon so i can start on it if they won’t. >.<

2 Likes

The amount of these issues that still exists is seriously tilting considering we have six weeks of timewalking back to back.

1 Like

Well said. I have noticed lately even if you are the current max level for an expansion in timewalking lets say for example Legion Far as I know the gear outscales the Enchant allowance for that expansion. Meaning I cant put a shoulder enchant on say an item level 100+ Legion drop since those enchants cap off at Item level 60. They raised reward item level the higher you go but kept most enchants except Shadowlands and some others not work on gear. I have bug and suggested them to have a look at it I am not sure they would bother or come up with twinking etc excuse not to do it. There are way you can work aroun it but we should not have to.