Issues w/Twitch?

Their app is really starting to bug me… I wonder if this is just something I am seeing or are more folks experiencing it. About a month ago, it’s behavior was to pop up a small dialog at startup about needing updates… sometimes it would pass onto my list of add-on screen, some time it would go through a “downloading updates” phase. No problem so far.

Couple of weeks ago something changed. No matter hat that initial dialog told me, it would next pop up this HUGE screen with all sorts of graphics saying that the version I have is “no longer supported.” Said I have to allow an update or “download the correct version.” Of course I go for the update versikon. Sometimes that worked, I’d get subsequent dialogs telling me it was AGAIN applying updates. Sometime it would fail, so I re-downloaded it. BUT, same thing the next time. THEN I just doubled up on the update thing… after one failure it would typically work. The last 2-3 times however, that second update seems to work. AND every single time, that initial small dialog ALSO showed me updates being downloaded.

I run this thing every single day, sometimes I have to run it twice because Mystical posts a late day DBM update and I DO happen to raid every now and then. No way am I believing they need to patch it every single day. Something is seriously amuck. Yeah I wrote them, but these days if you say you’re on macOS, boom, they don’t even bother to reply.

Anyone else seeing this?

Have you thought about asking at Twitch? Blizzard doesn’t provide tech support for third-party software.

If you’re just poking around for other user’s experiences, the official Blizzard tech support forum (for, you know, official Blizzard products) isn’t the right place. General Discussion would be more relevant, I think.

Just manually update it, it’s probably not auto updating for whatever reason.

I do know they had a major updating issue with addons themselves for a while, especially DBM, but they fixed that finally earlier this week in fact. Maybe you’re just having trouble getting that client update to work.

Worst case Ontario, just delete it and reinstall fresh.

Pls read my post.

No option for that, all this stuff comes at me as soon as I launch the app.

Actually, this IS the most relevant forum… I use macOS so any other forums I will get ignored.

I download “the latest.” It’s the same version as what I have. I go through all the nonsense of double downloading and installing and end up with… the exact same version.

Went tearing through my system, holy smokes. Somehow I ended up with multiple apps, ditched everything (the folder in ~//Library was chock-a-block filled with very old cruft from the curse days) and now it seems to be acting normally.