Issue with recent server connection

OK. So i have a character on Ravenholdt server. I put some things on the AH house to sell. One of which was a battle pet.

I just logged on to the server and checked the AH on the things that i knew were going to expire today (i forgot to take them off last night to be safe). Well, turns out that somehow my ONE battle pet i had on the auction house became FOUR of the same battle pet.

I know it was a legitimate battle pet when i put it on the auction house because i killed the spider in red ridge that it drops off myself.

What do i do about this? I don’t want to get a ban for whatever happened to cause it to become four. I have all four sitting in my characters bags and i won’t do anything with them until i hear from a blue about it.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen and submitted a bug for it. I had this happen with two battle pets, and coarse leather treads. in each case, I had 1 of them on the AH, they expired, and I got 4 in the mail. I am also on Ravenholdt and this happened at two separate times (one right after access opened up again, and one some time later). I was hoping to find some direction here, but cannot and will open a ticket to see what to do about the extra 9 items that I know are not mine, because I also do not want to get banned. I also don’t want to lose the 3 that are legitimately mine.

I know what you mean. I probably haven’t had my account as long as you but i have had it for 8 years without any breaks and i don’t want a ban for something i don’t even know how it happened. I’m guessing it’s something to do with the server connections?

I don’t know if whatever happened duplicated my battle pet or gave me other peoples battle pets. If it just duplicated then i’m willing to delete the extra’s if that’s what Blizzard want but if they are someone else’s then i would be willing to mail them back to their owners if i had their names and servers they’re on.

Hopefully they’ll be an answer sometime tomorrow after the Blizzard employees wake up and start working.

Edit: I’m not using the AH until i find out more about whatever is going on.

I can confirm as well the Cairne/Perenolde connection with Cenarius today has caused the same Auction House bug. All my battle pets, gear and even mounts have been duplicated. I had a good 50+ pets listed, multiples in many cases, which has made it a nightmare trying to sort my originals from all the dupes, as I didn’t want to relist items that weren’t mine. I share the same concerns, that frankly I don’t trust that we aren’t going to be some how penalised if we mix any of these items up, even though its not our mistake or bug that has caused this issue. I don’t know how to tell my items from the duplicates and I don’t know what I am supposed to do with all these duplicates. I really hope someone will take notice and give some insight here.

And i’m still waiting on a reply. :slightly_frowning_face:

I received an ‘answer’ for the ticket I submitted, but it said they are currently experiencing a high volume of tickets and they are unable to respond to the ticket, provided some references that are general and don’t really cover this issue, and marked it as ‘answered’. They also say if I still need assistance, a GM will reply…so I marked it as unanswered because it is kind of holding my bag space hostage and I can only imagine Jyade’s bags. I’ll let you know if I get a reply before I see one here.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

For real, it’s a giant mess! Have no clue what I am supposed to do with it all, and am terrified of being penalised for a duplicate selling, so I just had to cancel and pull down all my auctions. Because the messed up thing is I have seen people get banned for stuff like this before, even though it wasn’t like it was something they did on purpose. So needless so say I have trust issues with Blizz lol.

2 Likes

I’m guessing their forum staff is really busy right now?

My ticket says the average wait time right now is 2 days and 17 hours. From the looks of it on here, there are a LOT of issues from the realm connections. Guilds are missing members, inventory, and gold. All sorts of crazy.

I guess their support staff must be virtually non-existent these days. I remember the last time i had needed help ingame years ago that not only did one show up within thirty minutes of my report but they rp’ed with me while solving my problem. It was pretty cool.

So…this is the reply I got to my ticket. Basically, they know and are using the info to figure out, but keep the items until we see otherwise. I did tell them about this chain and the other, along with both of you, so hopefully they get it figured out soon. :frowning:

Game Master Kudaraphax here. I was able to do some digging here and I did find some reports on this that we have gotten sent up to the development team to be checked out. For right now though there is no word back on these.

I have gotten your information sent up to help with that investigation and if you have put in a bug report in game already then you have things covered from your side of things. For the time being its probably best to hang onto those items until we get more details.

For updates on this, I would advise keeping an eye on the breaking news and Bug report forums. You might also keep an eye on the hotfix blog here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23277654/hotfixes-august-7-2020

I am sorry for any inconvenience this situation may cause. Thank you for your time while I checked into this.

1 Like

I finally received a response "Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to get back to you any sooner.

I’ve just received your ticket regarding the possibility of having some duplicate items as a result of the recent server merge. Thank for taking your time to let us know, it truly was an honest and right thing to do.

I had a look into your character MageMarian (love the robin hood reference) and I have removed any duplicated items I could locate on the character. For yourself it didn’t seem that there was much there and you should be able to continue playing.

Thanks once again for giving me a nudge. Once more, I apologize for the wait, so thank you for your patience. Have a wonderful day and take care of yourself

All the best, o7

Iain {Mesmartiys}
Blizzard Entertainment Europe"

Only thing is I am like 99% sure that I didn’t have this many extras of these pets I farm, which means they did not remove them all. But then did remove like the extra gear ect. So I don’t know?? I guess I did all I could though, so I am just going to go back to listing my auctions. And if anything comes of it, its not like I can’t have them reference back to their own Dev who assured me everything was fine now. Posted this on my thread as well, but figured should post here as well.

1 Like

Thanks. I have yet to get a response from anyone at Blizzard.

They still haven’t done anything with mine, nor have I heard back on what to do with the extras. I’ll mark it as still being an issue, again, and see if they have any updates. :frowning: I am using the AH for everything except Pets, BOE Gear, and BOE Toys and seeing how it goes, since those were the only things that triplicated.

Thanks for the update. I just haven’t been playing that character and likely won’t until they get things fixed. I’m not using the AH on any character until then because i don’t want to risk the issue it spreading to other characters.