Isn't it ironic

If I could post gifs I would so just picture Palpatine saying ironic

1 Like

Losing some, gaining others.

1 Like

Theres about 10 issues that haven’t been addressed. They fail because they can’t adapt.

6 Likes

I was actually thinking it was the brilliant let’s put grinds inside grinds that make gearing worthless. Like putting blue (now upgradable with honor PvP gear which is a good idea but a grind in and of itself) PvP gear and then lock it behind…Renown so that by the time you can upgrade your gear (high enough renown) it’s completely worthless. Brilliant ideas like that go a long way toward making players hate all the stupid currencies and grindfest bs they have put in the game.

I mean they finally implemented an idea LONG ASKED for in making blue gear upgradable in PvP with honor…and then killed the idea in the VERY SAME RELEASE. It’s not even something that came later, it was implemented at the same time, talk about a dead system they spent time on and then killed on their very own. Laughable to be honest.

9 Likes

I’d like to have another expansion where I just got to earn gear to get stronger and not 20 other things too. :blush: maybe spice up those professions a bit also.

8 Likes

15 Likes

As with most expansions (including BFA), Shadowlands’ fun factor will shine in future expansions, as it will have incredible replay value when most of its content becomes face rollable.

Particularly as expansions have gotten more complicated, they struggle to be well received when they’re current because the initial and gradually elevating levels of frustration tend to drown out the levels of fun they provide.

3 Likes

what gaining? LOL

12 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/A9w8DQx.gif

3 Likes

The core problem is time getting that this guy love. then add to the fact they keep changing play style every new expansion tend to get on my nerves.

It worked because they updated the game in a 77 days rotation that was even aligned to NPC cast, the game had a lot of issues on Legion since Day 1, However the constant updates and conent left that expansion with high standards.

4 Likes

Instead of doing 10 little things mediocre, they should focus on 1 big thing and make it great.

1 Like

A little too ironic. Like 10,000 spoons, when all you need is a knife.

9 Likes

What’s more Ironic than Ironic is"Isn’t it Ironic that I’m the Guy." Hbk.

I really think there is a general assumption that “if they make players do x+y to get something that yesterday they could get doing only x, they will play longer in order to get that”. I’m not sure how valid that assumption is across the entire population, or even if anyone (ie blizzard) has attempted to track the effects of the many bloatthings that have been built into the game in the last few expansions. Certainly the idea that “if we force you to do x in order to get y, you will have no choice but to do it” is false, because people always have the choice to leave.

This is an entertainment product. When people stop finding it entertaining, they stop using it.

14 Likes

Is it ironic though?

It only “worked” in Legion because they made the 2nd half much less grindy and forgiving. Then for whatever reason decided to double down on it in BFA.

It was pretty clear at the start that people don’t want to feel forced to log in every day for hours at a time.

7 Likes

Its Ironic Blizz has their Hand in My Pocket, but You Learn to swallow the Jagged Little Pill.

1 Like

One thing that didn’t work all that well in Legion was when they implemented level scaling and increased the number of hours required to reach max level from 30 to 120 at the same time they implemented allied races and heritage armor for them, to take advantage of people who needed to have a character of every race and all the transmogs.

What happened was that a lot of people burned out on leveling now that it was so mind-numbingly boring. They leveled up the throwaway characters they were forced to bring to max and do rep grinds and other requirements on, rolled their shiny new character, and couldn’t face more leveling. They abandoned those characters, and some of them were so disheartened by the process they left. There were several forum regulars who leveled characters as their end game. They quit and haven’t been seen since.

So if you count the amount of work involved to open allied races, for the playerbase overall, the second half of Legion was arguably just as grindy if not more so.

8 Likes