Isle of Conquest

Why is this still an epic BG? Alliance favored so heavily. Siege has enough health to survive MAYBE 2 seconds vs a semi-geared MM hunter, and alliance can get to hangar before horde even if allies don’t have a crusader aura at all(Happened last game, no pally on alliance, but horde had crusader aura). So what are we to do, play pre-mades only to win in IoC?

If there were some incentive to actually split off hangar and fight for docks, maybe there’d be a bit of diversity, and the alliance advantage at hangars won’t matter, but as is right now, all siege just drops to the ground immediately, and allies can just keep 10 people AFK @ hangar and win due to pure unstoppable siege damage from the cannons.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a bad siege driver or bad siege gunner

My team wins hangar often. Sometimes we get it after they manage to cap it first. They don’t always hold it. Number of healers is the biggest factor in who keeps hangar. The other key to holding it is responding to incoming calls quickly and leaving enough there to guard it from an attack in the first place.

We have noticed lately that when there’s a certain guild in IOC (and surprisingly isn’t the usual suspects) there is horrific lag. Not sure what toys they are busting out to cause the lag, but those of us with decent pcs are even noting it. Goes back to the just keep pressing buttons way of wpvp…

3 Likes

It’s 2022 and there are still people who keep claiming people are using toys to cause lag and not Blizzard’s crappy servers.

They are though.

2 Likes

No one uses toys in BGs except the tmog ones before the game starts.

Literally have never seen anyone in thousands of BGs across 18 years of this game use toys in exploitable ways.

Haha oh really now? :eyes:

Let’s just forget about the Rockin’ Rollin’ Racer toy.

I would have thought its the server but it does make sense that toys could have effect too - maybe ones that trigger crowd reaction and have a few going at the same time? I wonder if there is a way to check…

That’s a mighty tall claim to make. Where is your proof?

Then you haven’t been paying attention.

Yeah i dont think this kid sees me, and I am not stealthed

What?

Toys can cause lag even in BGs. But that is more a problem in world PVP situations because you can bring a lot more people to really cause server disruption which is potentially a bannable offense.

But BlizZard servers are so bad and throw in so many rental system spells flying around and the game can’t keep up.

IoC used to be FAR worse in BFA with even more rental systems spells flying around. Ashran BG map was the worst and they had to reduce number of players in that BG so it could function LOL.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

2 Likes