Island Expeditions Schedule

(Maizou) #41
Also, I have to ask:

How are there Black Dragon invasions when Wrathion had rogues kill every Black Dragon on Azeroth? (Except Ebonhorn, as he was hidden)

(Killingit) #42
10/12/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Maizou
10/12/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Killingit

What do you mean no? Clearly it's dilution as many people actually go for invasions in their island runs and less chances at those invasions is less chances at mounts period end. I have no idea what you mean by people farming invasions for pets either. There is maybe 1 pet that can think of the mantid drop that can be obtained from invasion.

I'm no tourist an understand the island rotation and inhabitants. But we have to grind 2 islands in between chances at the pirate island and it would be nice to have as many chances at mogu/pirate first and 2nd invasions. When you are on your 10th giggling flame and see another fire invasion its just a waste.

You have an equal chance at every island each time.

I've gotten the same island twice in a row before.

And every island starts with a "mini-invasion." There's always one group of small mobs that invades the island at the start. So you have two chances at pirate/mogu.

Right, in my previous response you will notice I did mention first and 2nd invasion, again I'm no tourist. Adding all these additional invasions without much value added just dilutes those chances significantly when all are released. In reality it seems that trying to get the mounts now is the best idea before we are overrun with all these useless invasions. I already have 8 air elemental pets 6 of which are rotting in bags and that invasion isn't even released.

But wrong. Unless you que different difficulties the or maybe que with another player the islands run on the same rotation you cannot get the same island twice in a row. You get Island A then B then C before A again. That's just how it works.

(Soeroah) #43
10/12/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Maizou
Also, I have to ask:

How are there Black Dragon invasions when Wrathion had rogues kill every Black Dragon on Azeroth? (Except Ebonhorn, as he was hidden)

Presumably we'll find out when we do their quest.

And Wrathion did say "to my knowledge I'm the last black dragon left". We know he was wrong. It's possible he could only sense corrupted ones, and this brood are not corrupted.

Maybe they're from the Dragon Isles and Azerite is the only reason they've gone out.

(Seneselina) #44
Blizzard apparently still doesn't get the hatred towards island expeditions.

I don't care how much they shake things up. I've done probably 20 expeditions so far and got nothing but useless Azerite and whatever doubloons are.

Without a tangible reward, they're pointless, and not fun.

(Ashardis) #45
For the farmers out there...
I have about 6 toons between 111 and 120 and I try to do a EI on each one daily. Is this negatively effecting my chances at rewards?
Are drops more likely on max level toons?
Would I increase my chances farming on my 3 120's or am I better to stick to one. SignsOfKelani posted a video about how trying to kill all rares increases your chances the next time you visit the same island.
Anyone know if that's correct?

(Aikikyo) #46
Did not see a single invasion as i did all my islands already o.o

(Thimbelle) #47
Another question that might be of concern for people wanting to farm for rewards - will you ever be able to solo-queue for an Island?

(Cattywompus) #48
10/12/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Frerin
i am 32k Azerite away from Azerite Admiral and not one mount........I HATE THIS MODE!!! i cant express enough how much i hate this mode and its RNG..............

Right?! I hit azerite admiral and I've done at least 300 islands since then still with no mount, lol.

Waaaaaaaaa, some people got Azerite Admiral in the first week of BFA launch. Damn whiners.

(Corvus) #49
It's kind of off-putting that we needed to figure this out for ourselves before you guys thought to say anything.

How many years now has Lore been repeating the same "We know our communication has been bad. We wanna improve" line?

(Stormspellz) #50
"more cosmetic rewards"

wait islands have cosmetic rewards because I haven't gotten anything yet but coins and ap.

(Killingit) #51
Well another expo looting bug just happened with some update. Previously the pirate hats were stacking in inventory. Which was okay since I had 5 of the admiral hats already trying to get a mount. Well they made a change I assume that they no longer can stack and it just erased all of them but 1.

(Archronic) #52
Nobody cares.

(Melfuriah) #53
10/12/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Frerin
i am 32k Azerite away from Azerite Admiral and not one mount........I HATE THIS MODE!!! i cant express enough how much i hate this mode and its RNG..............

I've doubled Azerite Admiral already, and haven't gotten much of anything. I'm really over it.

(Torvald) #54
I'm amazed how Blizzard is dedicated to keeping with this awful reward system. The answer's been staring at them in the face since the start: put the items on a currency vendor, doubloons being the obvious currency they could re-tune it around. Then they can keep the RNG drops tied to time-gated invasions, and people can still enjoy feeling lucky because when they get an item, it means they will have to farm that much less currency, but players won't feel great frustration when they don't get a drop they're after because they'll have the bad-luck protection of the currency system.

Practically no one feels positively towards this reward system. It's loathed.

(Moosetorin) #55
Bold idea: Instead of beating a dead horse (Island Expos are this expac's MoP Scenarios... both absolutely sucked); how about you instead invest resources into class design? The problem with Expos was never the reward structure; they simply are not fun. I'd rather spend 3 hours wiping on a progression mythic fight then waste 20 minutes doing this crap. This is not fun content. People are not as casual as the devs seem to believe, even those who do not play for huge amounts of time each week. We want challenging content with clear directives that allow us an opportunity to progress, not Hello Kitty Island Explorer. For god's sake, use some common sense for a change.

(Kadirra) #56
10/12/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Soeroah
10/12/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Maizou
Also, I have to ask:

Presumably we'll find out when we do their quest.

And Wrathion did say "to my knowledge I'm the last black dragon left". We know he was wrong. It's possible he could only sense corrupted ones, and this brood are not corrupted.

Maybe they're from the Dragon Isles and Azerite is the only reason they've gone out.

Or Wrathion has been laying a lot of eggs during the Legion downtime he had. Hrm...wonder who the daddy is?

(Talius) #57
10/12/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Melfuriah
I've done 394803843948 invasions and seen a Pirate invasion ONE TIME. I want Sqawks. Did you nerf the rewards? Seems like people have started doing the rare runs they have dropped significantly. I'm not getting squat now and I run at least 30 a day when I do them.

I get a pirate invasion pretty much every run. About 5 Barnaby pets so far and nothing else after about 30 pirate invasions lol

Also, nice transmog ;)

(Dathrel) #58
10/12/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Kaivax
As some players have noticed, we’ve been adding invasion-style events featuring new types of creatures to Island Expeditions every week. Aside from adding a little variety, these also give you a chance to earn different cosmetic rewards.

Here's a schedule for the remaining events which will be added each week over the next couple of months:
  • Week of October 9 (this week): Water Elementals
  • Week of October 16: Air Elementals
  • Week of October 23: Black Dragons
  • Week of October 30: Tol’vir
  • Week of November 6: Twilight Dragons
  • Week of November 13: Old Gods

Are these intended to replace the azerite golem on a given expedition, or to be in addition? Because if the latter, I can't imagine many people will see them, barring deliberately sticking around by not doing anything (which isn't feasible because the other team still creates a timer).

(Maizou) #59
Just to reiterate, these aren't a "weekly event" thing.

This is just when they get added to the rotation of invasions. They can also start appearing as the "extra" pack that "invades" the island at the start as well.

And based on their comments from the last Q&A, Island Expeditions are likely changing a lot in 8.1, since they said they don't like how often the Azerite Golems are spawning.

Also, Air Elementals hit way too hard. Like oh my lord. Had an air elemental invasion, we pulled the boss (not in a portal), it was a normal expedition, and it [and the adds it came with] killed all 3 of us in like 5 seconds. I'm not sure if it bugged and had two groups spawn on top of one another or something, but it was ridiculous.

(Jaerock) #60
done at least 400+ since bfa dropped , invasions are the 3rd stage of the island. They occur when certain amount of azerite has been collected (both sides totals combined)

Its after the large azerite elite spawns. Flynn typically says , "local trolls have been seen" or mogu have invaded the island etc. Saw a new rare today , tol'vir