Is Zerith Mortis another zone where if you miss a single day you're just permanently behind forever?

Title

3 Likes

Dont think so because there isnt player power there except the leggo recipe which is tied to campaign which is locked by the week

In what zone did you fall “permanently behind forever”?

3 Likes

Thankfully, no.

Zereth Mortis Reputation - Community / WoW Community Council - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Answer=No.

I was just looking at what there is to do there on Wowhead, it doesn’t seem that way.

Who would you fall behind, exactly?

From what I understand yes, because you depend on reputation farming to get power and that takes 5 weeks.

The gatekeepers that only let you play if you are 100% to the T meta at all times. You know like a majority of the pop that you have to beg to do content with.

1 Like

Ohhh. Well. As long as they don’t gatekeep me from fishing then no blood will be shed.

2 Likes

It is, but it’s not for anything super important.

If you don’t keep up on rep, you won’t get the memory that lets you put Unity on any slot, on the off chance you just CAN’T give up the belt slot for your second legendary because it’s already where your first is.

You’ll get less cyphers if you don’t rare/treasure hunt daily, but cyphers are only for zone progress, and if you were already skipping out on those anyway because you don’t care that much about pets, mounts, or what color your lightsaber is, then you won’t care about lost cyphers either.

no… they redesigned it so you can take your time and do what you like to do…whenn you want to do it … like im going to focus on gettting exalted rep with the enlightened… and get my 4 piece set … and work on those super confusing legendaries …

You do a quest and you get a belt. Where’s the confusion?

They control the bait market… You’re doomed…

**do we get rid of the already slotted prev legendary, can we upgrade it rank 7 ? ** is the belt the default covenant legendary now?.

If you’re confused about the system, you’re not the type of player who needs to worry about whether you can upgrade it to rank 7. Just do the quest and get the belt.

As far as Covenant leggos, your old covenant leggos are basically trash once you get the belt. Huck em in the trash for some ash/cinders.

ok coolness thank you…hugs

People largely do NOT bother checking your progress on things that aren’t visible on the screen when you queue up in group finder.

Some do.

Most won’t until after the fact and even then only if you’re underperforming.

You can’t even get your foot in the door without gear that isn’t possible to get in the current patch if you don’t neckbeard the first two weeks. Even then if you aren’t maxed from the previous patch it can be a challenge.

Yeah, absolutely agreed. I see people all the time go on about raid and M+ gatekeeping. I don’t ever bother checking anyone’s progress besides ilvl and if they fill a needed roll. I care if you have the gear to do the content. I don’t really care if you are trying to min/max your character.

Most don’t, I don’t think anyone has ever flexed on me in the game for not playing to meta since like WOTLK - when my guild leader called me a gamer word for playing unholy DK instead of what he wanted me to play. I quit the game shortly after. That was a very long time ago, and it isn’t how I would handle that today. Just play the game the way you want to play it. If it isn’t good enough for someone else, then that doesn’t matter. There isn’t enough “gatekeepers” on this game to keep you from doing content. At least not in my experience.

1 Like

I will let you know this patch if it is still a thing or not. I quit when the news that flying was coming back to WoD but needed another month long rep grind to finish out and I was tired of waiting.

Came back during 8.3. Couldn’t obtain gear to get in M+ then without getting lucky with TF.

9.0 I took my time to farm up pre-BiS to start M+ with proper gear. Couldn’t get in groups because pre-BiS was 184 and groups wanted 210 even for sub 10s.

9.1 hit up Korthia to get 226 to again try to do M+. Groups wanted 240+ the 2nd week of the patch.

All 3 times caused me to not even try. Too old with too little patience to deal with toxic people in the game once getting a party either. I’ll spend another 4-5 hours spamming for invites in 9.2 once my gear is at ZM level. If still no invites I just won’t do M+ again for another patch.

2 Likes