Is WW still good for pvp?

Seems like they just vanished after the last round of nerfs.

1 Like

you are correct…

We’re squish, but we can still break our foot off in someone’s butt at the drop of a dime.

Niche situations. The burstiness of others, as well as the dominance melee have right now, the damage and stuns is tough on WW. And as the expansion goes on, if they don’t address the issues, the spec will probably be the least represented by a large margin. We don’t seem to scale as well as others.

I mainly swapped to MW to limit the stun frustration in bg’s but still play WW in small doses. Just have to get in the frame of mind of accepting, “Ok, I’m about to spend half of the time stunned, 30% of the time running, and 20% of the time bursting.”

Or just FW to be a weak WW with better survivability. People act shocked when they’re dealing with a Monk facetanking them.

1 Like

It’s “strong” but as others have said it’s got some glaring defensive issues.
If you want to play one you basically have to hover over port and smack it the first time you see someone hulk up near you.

2 Likes

get stunned, get stunned, get horrified, get feared, get rooted, get stunned
die.

Roll / Chi-Torpedo & transcendence are ok for running away around line-of-sight breaks. They seem to be mediocre in the mobility meta for actually applying damage to a target.

1 Like

Why WW when you can Sin ?

2 Likes

I’ve got a ret warr and dh to 1800 in solo shuffle, biggest struggle so far is ww monk. Only time i seem to win games is when I’m pulling 40k dps in a match. I do need to work on using my port better but it’s definitely a struggle, most ppl are smart enough to stun coil as soon as you have FoF up and having to pretty much always use xuen with serenity makes your burst window pretty obvious.

2 Likes

Wow… I tho it was a me problem, I got to 1300s rating in solo shuffle and now I am losing all matches. Looking at the dashboard and seeing everyone winning 2+ matches while I rarely win 1 make me feel like trash and I main WW.
I get focused a lot in arenas.

Good, and at the same time sad, to know its a class issue and not just me.

1 Like

It’s not a WW issue, it’s an issue where every lobby has a sin rogue who presses kidney every 20 secs w shiv and it’s oppressive af

Also, even if you create space on the rogue their dots continue to melt you. No other melee is like this. Survival hunter the perfect balance of a melee who can still do something at range

I switched my race to dark iron dwarf because of all the asssin rogues. If not you will lose every time to them it feels like. I keep winning 3/3 in solo and get zero rating. Been like this the entire week, granted I only play a couple games a day because of the long que.

People talk about monk mobility like its a crutch. A plate wearning warrior has two charges that root you. They also have heroic leap. It is bonkers. DH flying all over. I can barely stay on a mage or a good hunter can kite me and cc me until I’m dead…easily if my healer isn’t wasting all his mana to keep me alive.

Maybe I’m just trash though but I can’t break 1600 in solo, and basically stay even lower than that.

I miss RBGs, especially now since all wow pvp is now is solo shuffle.

its not even other class issues its our defensives are really bad and too long for what they do our self healing is also really bad i do remember though bfa season 1 and shadowlands season 1 ww was really really squishy im sure in time they will buff our healing/defensives and hopfully rework our class as a pvp player i do not like only having 1 aoe stun thats 1min(50)seconds if i talent into it, also dislike keefers ability and the lundge it does if blizzard wants us to be more sustain they will have to buff our defensives cause its either we 1 shot or run or do sustain dmg and stay in the fight which we have neither of these atm…

1 Like

According to this guy we’re just gas lighting about our defensives

This is coming purely from a 2-2.k solo shuffle player perspective

Problem is, it’s all about coordination, and usually SS has hardly any of it. The burst is insane, but theres alot of GCDs required to get it perfect and some setup with your 2/4 set bonuses, and the DPS cooldowns are long. Another issue as well is that it seems all other DPS get a cooldown that allows them to just annihilate our health pool, while typically we need to wait for Serenity/xuen or at the very least a keefer’s proc to do remotely any significant damage. If you’re initial GO doesn’t get a kill, then usually you will fall to the other DPS as you run out of your minimal defensives. So with solo shuffle and the lack of cross CC and general team play, it’s alot more difficult to get an optimal GO that will secure a kill, usually resulting in your cooldowns being wasted and you just die.

It’d be easy for any defensive we get at this point to make our class broken. Our damage is insane. Our sustain damage is higher than warriors. If they make us equally as defensive then they’ll just take some damage away from us and I’m not sure if that trade would be as fun.

If they want us to be a hit and run then we need a buff to vivify to let us actually press something that out heals a resto druid rake bleed if we have to port out. If they want us to be a brawler then give us something like enduring brawler pvp talent from outlaw rogues.

1 Like