Is warmode going to suck at the start of shadowlands?

Unless they remove that bonus quest. It made sense in the PvP Alliance Vs Horde expansion that BFA was touted as. We’re not at War anymore. The current idea behind PvP areas for PvP is competing covenants…so it would be pretty weird if a covenant NPC decided to give a bonus quest for gear to just one faction…plus they are trying to reduce the sheer amount of gear people receive and make it more meaningful again.

“proactively being addressed” ??? What do you mean by this? It’s addressed by you running to Stormwind and turning off War Mode if you don’t like it.

1 Like

If the alliance want it to be balanced.
The alliance have to turn it on.

No one can make them do that if they don’t want to.
There is no fix anyone but alliance players can do.

So it really is turn it off if you don’t like it.

4 Likes

Faction population can easily be balanced with sharding. They’ve already attempted to balance servers based on sharding.

I’m sure if the tables were turned, you would be complaining to no end about it too.

1 Like

Look at my level.
What makes you think this is my main? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sharding only goes so far.
If there are 100 horde and 10 alliance there is still going to be 10 to one

1 Like

I never said anything about your level.

It just forces us to make raid groups all the time, and horde complains about that all the time lol.

Warmode can’t get much worse than it is right now, at least. With massive item level bloat, massive stat bloating (like 800K+ Health vs 180K Health), Essences, Azerite abilities, and Corruption powers, Warmode (and PvP in general) is a complete roflstomp-fest.

Hopefully they don’t let power creep get to runaway train levels of power gains in Shadowlands. At the very least they should make it less punishing if you’re unable to basically no-life the game on a single character in order to be remotely competitive for even random Battlegrounds, anyway.

Faction balance in Warmode will likely remain a problem, but it’ll probably be better or worse depending on how power progression works in Shadowlands. For BfA, it feels like they pretty much just gave up on sensible power progression after not being able to really salvage Azerite Armor and class design and used power bloat to make up for it.

I know but you are accusing me of being Horde because of who I’m posting on.
I’m saying my level shows this to not be who I play the game as :stuck_out_tongue:

I played all of BFA as a void elf

This is in the game already. If I want to do CTA me and 3 others have to zone into different shards to find the one with Alliance in it. The other shards are totally empty. They stack you carebears up already.

1 Like

Ohhh I see. Well lately its been balanced. I just hope the sharding is still the same way it is now.

How many of you people complaining and wanting balanced open world PvP would still use War Mode if there was no exp bonus?

Open world is just that, there should not be any artificial balancing going on; it is up to the players to do that. If you don’t like it, then stick to BG’s. You are not forced to play in War Mode.

1 Like

Two hours after BfA launched, my leveling group was steamrolled in Voldun by a 40-man Alliance gank zerg.

TWO HOURS after launch. This was a zerg that had made a beeline for Zandalar specifically to grief Horde players who were leveling.

Right after Mechagon launched, I went to the island with War Mode on and there were 3 different Alliance zergs camping different parts of the island.

Tell me again how Alliance is so outnumbered.

You can say the exact same thing about the Alliance.

When 8.1 launched someone thought it was a good idea to give the alliance a heroic raid level weapon as the AOO quest reward. Every single FP, dungeon entrance, and city was camped mercilessly by alliance raids. This went on for weeks.

The alliance has the numbers. They lack the will.

Pineapple on pizza is good

1 Like

It evens out eventually, it only sucks really hard when everyone is forced into the same content. It’s difficult for them to test changes to warmode because the outdoor population in beta and in bfa is pretty sparse. Ion will say “warmode is fixed” but it will probably still be crazy lopsided in new areas.

I imagine it will be like the start of BFA war mode, but with slightly less enthusiasm since the feature would then be one expansion old. In case you missed it, expect raids of people killing you as you zone in from the flight master for a few weeks then it goes back to normal.

1 Like

warmode sucks at ALL times. And not in the FUN way,.

for alliance? yeah it’s going to suck.

for horde? no.

That’s why Warmode is optional.