Is warmode going to suck at the start of shadowlands?

This is actually something I’m worried that blizzard is going to mess up. Whenever there is new content, the alliance basically has to turn off warmode or face 20 to 1 odds for the first few months. With no flying, it will only be that much worse. Is this proactively being addressed in SL?

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath.

No warmode is not a problem since it is very easy to turn off.

2 Likes

Warmode is a choice.
If alliance players do not want to use it then thats on them.

4 Likes

It’s more like the Horde need five to ten people even to bring one Alliance player down.

5 Likes

That’s kinda like saying your battleground starting with only 1 player on your team isn’t a problem since you can afk out or not queue.

2 Likes

Well, on my server it’s the other way around.
There is always a group of 4-7 allies attacking only solo player with 50% hp bar…
It’s part of the game i guess? :slight_smile:

#TurnOffWarmode
#NoFreeBonus
#AllianceIsEvil
#PineapplePizzaShouldNotExist

4 Likes

Well it will suck for a bit, then alliance will get their permanent weekly against overwhelming odds shadowlands equivalent which will make things slightly more palatable.

Groups doing call to arms are fine. You know which zones those quests are active in and should prepare accordingly. The problem comes when it’s 6-10 ungrouped members of the opposite faction because there are so many.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be, think about BFA launch. There were no opposite faction players in the zones at first because it takes a while to get to max and then you’d be outnumbered severely if you went alone.

I just don’t see any solutions that wouldn’t ruin it for others. If they try to even out the phases for Alliance there will be plenty of phases with no Alliance at all which would make for a poor Warmode as well.

@Kaurmine: BFA worked some due to having different starting locations. This doesn’t appear to be true with SL.

If you feel that way you should make a thread asking for more alliance to play war mode. Make a war mode alliance community and play together. Be the change you want to see instead of asking Blizzard to some how make the alliance player base consist of different people :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

BFA warmode sucked hard after about a week.

1 Like

It’s a tad different since you are going into an instance with set rules already applied. Open world is open world bb grl. Turn that warmode off for me.

Funny how all these horde players are chiming in to tell you to just shut it off, when it’s not the question your asking lol.

I too want a fair sharded system, and not a mob fest of inequality. I don’t care if there’s mobs. At least put the same # of people in one region per faction.

2 Likes

You should, you’re a troll, not undead – you’ll die down there!

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

You can go into the world with warmode off and have the same quests and history available, you can’t go into a battleground and win if you’re 10v1.

As an alliance player, stop complaining about stuff when YOU have the solution.

1 Like

Blizzard can easily control whether a BG starts or not, they can’t really control the fact that more people prefer to play horde.

1 Like

You might have a point if they still used localized PvP servers but sharding completely invalidates that argument

The short answer is no (everybody will be minding their own business except for those tools that like to grief people). Later it will be a nightmare when people reach max and star ganking lowbies.