Is venthyr ok for prot?

I’ll be honest I’m kind of sick of bastion and it’s folks lol. Is going venthyr a major drop off for me?

Go Necrolord. Vanquisher’s Hammer was pretty fun for prot in a sill kind of way.

Ashen Hallow isn’t bad either.

Venthyr is great for raids, but there are significant tradeoffs when it comes to leaving Kyrian in dungeons. Ashen Hallow can be fine for dungeons if you are planning pulls around it (and making sure you won’t have to kite), but Divine Toll’s combination of snap AoE threat, HoPo generation, AoE interrupts, and absorb shield (with First Avenger) on a 1-minute CD is a lot to pass up on in M+.

3 Likes

In raid, Venthyr functions and feels better to me.

In M+, Venthyr feels worse because you definitely need to plan pulls around it. But thankfully, that isn’t terribly hard to do as routes are more flexible without Prideful present. When Ashen is off CD, I usually just pull more than I normally would. Or, you can save it for bosses and pump like a DPS.

The wonderful thing is, they’re both good. If you’re bored of Kyrian, go Venthyr. If you don’t like, swap back after 2 weeks. I actually plan on going Necrolord for the memes after we get CE.

I can’t even remember how my life was before Divine Toll.
I was very excited about Divine Resonance, it’s a shame the nerf made it just about average.

1 Like

Ye I’m gonna have a lotta funn once I finally get renown 57 for mikalnios ability to lower coodown of divine toll.

Kyrian is more M+… Venthyr is more raid oriented. Now with the larger size of the Venthyr ability… although it was plenty big enough already if staying at edges… kiting in it isn’t that bad. I prefer Venthyr sine I am more raid oriented, but have to naked in raids with a Kyrian and they did just fine…. Together they are a great raid combo.