Is Turaylon still technically Supreme commander of the Alliance

Through the Soviet method of clogging the hordes guns with the corpses of their soldiers. Small wonder they are drafting farmers now.

Outstanding stratagems. Clearly Sun-Tzu would be pround.

2 Likes

Turaylon has been leading the lightforged for a millenia in the twisting nether against the Legion.

Not to mention the experince with the Alliance armies in the 2nd war

I’m sure he has more experience in his little toe than Anduin has who has never been in a battle till Lordearon.

Lost Honor also shows that he is failing at leading and believes he cannot win the war. He has to resort to releasing a war criminal who almost killed an another alliance leader in hopes he will disrupt the horde.

well, i don’t disagree with you, i just think that blizzard really has the potential to make interesting conflicts in the alliance but they also ignore that potencial to focus on other things.
i remember that “hopefully anduin would do something about genn for stormheilm”, at least he would say “do you understand what you have done?” ect.
and… it was ignored.

just like this storyline about saurfang… my fear is that this conflict could be also ignored simply because blizzard is lazy.
i am hoping that if tyrande finds out about it, she is going to be mad at anduin for acting on his own and releasing a criminal of the night elfs without consulting anyone.

1 Like

… yeeeaaah.

Well at least it was brought up as a grevience the Horde have against the Alliance. Or at least Saurfang has against them, since the lack of anything in response to Genn attacking them was something Saurfang thought of when thinking whether peace was possible.

She does regret letting Saurfang go.

She seems to think that it led to Teldrassil burning. Is Tyrande under the impression Saurfang burnt the tree? I dunno.

1 Like

i don’t know, maybe? maybe she believes that mercy was a mistake.
so “the time for mercy is over” tells me that she wants to murder everyone involved with the burning.

And they don’t resent Varian for it.

“Press the attack as the Zandalari mourn their fallen king? That would make us no better than the Banshee.”

~~Jaina Proudmoore

She didn’t pull Genn’s forces.

Genn decided to go.

Anduin didn’t object.

He sent us to help.

Darkshore is a low priority precisely because the Night Elf homes are already destroyed.

The Alliance’s focus is on achieving naval supremacy so they can protect the lands that remain in their control and have the means to successfully attack the Horde’s lands.

1 Like

Uh-huh.

Sure.

That’s exactly what’s happening.

It says so right — ummm…

Well he did drive the Alliance forces into a city full of plague weapons even after they had been deployed against with devastating effect again his army. He was only interested in capturing Sylvanas and not keeping his forces safe, not a great strategy against someone like Sylvanas.

2 Likes

This coup will be exclusively political, right? Killing Alliance is, like, everyone’s pastime in this universe. It’d be nice if the Alliance didn’t join in on the action.

However they don’t press that advantage any way so what is the point? Anduin doesn’t want defeat the Horde and wants to give Saurfang a chance to start his little rebellion again.

I can promise you the Alliance is going to end up losing its advantage. I bet half its fleet in 8.2 is destroyed to even the battlefield, Either due to Naga or Horde.

Ah so have the changed that line to have Jaina say it now. That’s more annoying as they are flipping her character again.

While the rest of the Alliance leaders said “Great idea! Let’s do that!”

That’s an example of a problem in the writing not the characters.

No one inuniverse ever suggests that it was a tactical blunder.

Be interesting if Anduin did refuse and we would have to stand against him. I’m not against it.

They ain’t allowed to tell anduin hes an Idiot because they are written that way as well.

No leader Praised him for his leadership in that battle. Infact Most of the leaders had to teleport in behind him and save his butt because he bit off more than he could chew.

1 Like

8.1 ends with the raid, you have no idea what they do next.

And if that happens you can say “I told you so” why don’t we hold off I the coup until then?

When was it not Jaina’s line?

I first heard it on youtube more than a month ago.

Edit: missed this somehow

Or maaaaybe Blizzard didn’t intend for it to be stupid.

Just like It was ridiculous for the leaders to stand there and do nothing while Sylvanas got in Anduin’s face.

We can either believe that Anduin and all the other faction leaders are idiots despite how the other characters view them in game or we can believe that Blizzard was too focused on making “cool” scenes to realize how dumb it made the characters look.

I file some of these things away in the same corner of my brain where I put the Vindicaar.

It’s pointed out that the Alliance that Turalyon (and Lothar before him) commanded does not exist anymore, but it’s worth mentioning that the problem they ran into - naming a “fellow king” as your generalissimo - is no longer a problem, either. Of the seven human kingdoms that made up the original Alliance, Lordaeron, Alterac, Gilneas, Stromgarde are destroyed (though the latter two are getting Alliance support in potential rebuilding, hence all the fighting in Arathi), Kul Tiras is in chaos, and Dalaran is neutral…and Khadgar is hell-bent to keep it that way. Stormwind would be at the forefront irrespective of the fact that their king is a child compared to virtually every other leader on Azeroth.

The problem I see with the Alliance is, as pointed out, politically they’re about as exciting as watching paint dry. The stories of intrigue at the very beginning (the Defias, Onyxia, etc.) seem to have been discarded in favor of looking like some weird utopian vision for a “better world”. The Horde is made out to be a bunch of war-wacky murderers, lunatics, and tyrants (and those who aren’t, i.e. both tauren factions, are guilty by association), whereas the Alliance is the “big damn hero faction” who can do no wrong. There doesn’t seem to be a Blackmoore, a Perenolde, or a Garithos to add some dimension, albeit unpleasant, to the Alliance. Greymane and Jaina don’t count, because when the chips are down, they will not turn on Anduin, I don’t think.

3 Likes

I guess my point is I would prefer Turaylon to Anduin as a leader. The High king postion was an abomination and should have never be introduced.

Blizzard touted this expansion as a return to Warcraft 2. However they have failed to deliver on every level. Atleast having Turaylon would have brought back some Nostaliga and perhaps a return of the Sons of Lothar fighting for the Alliance.

It would also give the alliance a strong experienced leader to follow who would take the fight to the Horde without holding back. Certainly would not depend on old an orc to fight our battles for us.

3 Likes

I think you’d find very few who disagree that the High King idea was a bad one.

Though my only real hesitation with supporting Turalyon to be the military commander is that he knows little of the modern world. He’s been gone for a long time, the Alliance and Horde he knew no longer exist, they are very different factions now. I think Turalyon might be too naive to the current Azeroth to work as a suitable military commander. He has decades to catch up on, new allies to learn, new cultures in the Alliance to understand.

Anduin is unsuitable from a military stand point, but while Turalyon has more war time experience, he lacks an understanding of the current Alliance.

So he might be more qualified than Anduin, I don’t think he’s the most qualified person around.

Hehe. I like this thread.

Alliance Posters:
“WE WANT INTERNAL CONFLICT! DRAMA! DISSENT AMONG OUR RANKS!”

Horde Posters:
“NO YOU DON’T.”

5 Likes

the grass is always greener until there isn’t any left.

2 Likes

Arguably the fact he defected to the Army of Light and made no attempt to return home to Azeroth would be a dereliction of duty or desertion.

Who said that?

He lost that position when he was declared dead. Technically the last person that held it, was the Alliance player in Warlords.