Is travelform the same as mount speed?

At one point I thought ground travel form was as fast as ground mount speed, is this no longer the case?
3 Likes
I think it is outside of bgs. I wish they would bring back the old stat window. There are addons you can download for it though.
3 Likes
Travel form is mount speed when not in instanced pvp. As well as in open world if you go into combat and shift out of travel and back in while still in combat you will no longer be mount speed.

This is why you see a lot of druids go guardian and stay in travel for herb farming. You can herb while in travel and stay mount speed while also never being dazed due to being in a tank spec.
8 Likes
Add the Wild Charge leap and the ability to pick herbs and click on quest objects, and Travel Form is a huge improvement over an actual mount.

And in case you're wondering later OP, the speed bonus from BfA Pathfinder does apply to Travel Form.
Not to mention the speed from using a flight path perk.
You can be herbing at 240%
1 Like
And, just in case you get enough mobs beating on you that you can't sneak in a gather before you take the next hit - Incapacitating Roar also works while in travel form

(and warstomp for tauren, I'm looking at you - heal the wounds azerite quests)
2 Likes
Druid travel form is mount speed when outside of combat. It is 140% speed when you shift into travel form during combat or in BG/arena.
Travel form does not acquire the 10% guild perk buff. If you are traveling long distances - mount is faster. If you are farming and just going over the mountain - travel form is quicker. The 1.5 sec cast time for mount tends to add up.
1 Like
11/05/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Nawzy
Travel form does not acquire the 10% guild perk buff. If you are traveling long distances - mount is faster. If you are farming and just going over the mountain - travel form is quicker. The 1.5 sec cast time for mount tends to add up.

I really wish they would add this buff to travel form.
1 Like
If you enter the form outside of combat and outside of a BG, yes it's same as mount speed.

I don't think it takes the guild speed perk, but I'm positive it takes Pathfinder. You can jump to the 7th Legion emissary from the ramp leading down from the inn area -- without Pathfinder it's barely possible, but with it I was making the jump every time.
11/05/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Nawzy
Travel form does not acquire the 10% guild perk buff.

It's kind of bizarre that we don't get the 10% from mount up - but as soon as we pick up pathfinder (which itself doesn't stack with 'mount up') we find ourselves moving at the same speed as regular mounts in open world areas.

I think its a joke that travel form outside combat an d BG is slower than mounted speed. I don’t mind if its the same speed, but don’t penalise players because they choose to play a class that can transform. Oh and yeah running wild as a Worgen pointless as a druid, can you at least make cats for Worgen druids transform to a wolf…common Bliz sheesh

You can also activate things from the air without landing. Say your on a quest to pick up 5 whatevers from an area, and there are enemies at each whatever location, just hover above it close, but not at ground level and more often then not you wont even aggro it.

how does this topic have almost 27,000 views?

wow, it really does.
Gosh dang, does “travelform” mean something adult I don’t know about?

2 Likes