Is this the worst version of Holy Paladin we've seen in PVP?

From Cataclysm through WoD, and then again in BFA, I loved playing Holy Paladins in PVP. We had a ton of utility, a ton of instant/fast cast healing abilities, and pretty respectable ranged damage.

Now in Shadowlands… the damage component is completely gone, we can no longer fast-cast Holy Light, and we can’t dare get in melee to put our crusader strikes, or else we get swarmed.

All in all, Holy may be a “melee” healing class, and that works in PVE, but that does NOT work in PVP. Blizzard, you either need to come up with a solution to make melee healing in PVP actually viable, or you need to give us a better ranged playstyle.

2 Likes

Yeah, Shadowlands Holy Paladin has been absolutely miserable to play in PvP.

Season1 Hpal was pretty viable, especially RMPala but Shadowlands PvP was still an awful experience.

Season 2, the Mana issues were just god awful, they purposefully put us in the trash can the whole season and we couldn’t even come close to Hpriest/Druid.

Season 3, Necro Paladin is viable, and it is possible to reach high ratings… but holy cow is it unfun to play.

I have never had less fun on a Hpal than I have this season playing with Vanquisher’s Hammer, it’s awful game play.

2 Likes

What are you guys smoking. Hpal in S1 was basically what Hpriest is currently in pvp. King of healer pvp. It has gotten so much nerfs because of it, still weird to not have seen any hpriest nerf in comparison.

And then necro hpal is pretty bonker currently

5 Likes

HPal is probably the second strongest Healer right now in PvP (after HPriest)
If you’re healing PvP like you’re healing PvE (Crusader strike) you’re doing it wrong.

Also, now that I’m looking at your toon.

1. You’re Kyrian, Necro HPal is substantially stronger than Kyrian right now (tho clunky) and vanq hammer should help with your described HP problems
  2. If you’re going to be Kyrian why don’t you have the shock barrier leggo? why are you using Vanguard’s momentum?!

lol What? we were GODs in Season one, GODS! I miss season one.

5 Likes

My thoughts; Bring back…I think it was called “Castadin”?

1 Like

How does someone get on the council anyway? I’m sick of nobody advocating for us.

1 Like

Im not into the melee healer myself and I am hoping that in DF, the holy tree kinds splits into a possible melee healer build and one that does not rely on melee. I also hope they change the mastery. Really liked the shield mastery.

2 Likes

The problem with holy being a melee healer, in PVP is that (1) our damage sucks and (2) we don’t have fast-cast Holy Light anymore.

1 Like

Hpal is very strong in pvp, not sure what yalll are going on about

2 Likes

I will agree…as well as just being a melee healer in general is horrible imo

You almost never cast Holy Light in PvP

2 Likes

I know people called them Shockadins… same thing maybe?

2 Likes

I…think so?

Disagree. Holy has never been as fun to play as it is right now. It’s the best version of the melee healer they’ve ever made. I’ve played Holy pala since vanilla, building resource via melee attacks and spending it on instant heals is perfect.

That’s an argument that can be said for PVE, but not for PVP. Realistically you will not be able to get in melee because it puts you at risk for interrupts and instant death. Not to mention, you have no mobility to keep yourself in melee.

1 Like